It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:32 pm

DFlist, a fleetbuilder for DFC

Discuss the DFlist fleet builder here!
  • Author

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

Re: DFlist, a fleetbuilder for DFC

PostThu Nov 10, 2016 2:56 am

Matti wrote:There were always two columns at larger resolutions :) The only thing that is different now is the it sorts left-right, then top-bottom instead of top-bottom, then left-right.

Interesting. When I made the list, the BGs were just in a single column, but when I opened it up again after logging back in, I discovered the two columns. All of this on my iPad, so larger-ish resolution. Thought it was a new feature. It's just a little odd in that the BGs in the left column don't line up with the BGs in the right column unless they each have the same number of Groups in them, but I'm sure I'll get used to it! :D

Matti wrote:You, however, have stumbled upon a bug: the public lists didn't get the new sorting. That is fixed now, and your list now lines up better :)

Glad to be of (unintended, inadvertent) service! ;)
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Matti

PostThu Nov 10, 2016 1:24 pm

nekomata wrote:Nice work so far!

One bug I've noticed so far though: When you have ship stats showing, and add an extra ship, the new ship's stats don't show unless you toggle ship stats off an back on again.

Also, a (low priority) feature request: There's times whilst playing around with lists that I find I've run out of a certain battlegroup type, but realise that one of the battlegroups would be legal as a different battlegroup type. It would be nice if you could switch battlegroup types without having to delete and recreate them.

You can toggle the new battlegroup with its own toggle-button in the lower left corner. The behavior you describe is intended (for now). I might change it to be 2 separate buttons (toggle all on, toggle all off), which would make it a little more intuitive.

Switching battlegroup types is not something I'm planning to do. It introduces difficulties with validation and apart from that I think it'll be so rarely used that the tradeoff in increased interface complexity is not worth it.

Jimmy_P

PostFri Nov 11, 2016 9:07 am

This is very handy! Any chance of having the functionality to add names to ships...? :)

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSat Nov 12, 2016 9:11 am

Matti, DUDE! We played a 1,500 point game tonight, and both of us used your DFList on our phones, and it was fantastic! I'm sold! I don't see where adding the PDF functionality is even needed, you just use the app as it is, and you've got everything you need during a game!

I think one feature that would be great to have is the ability to print out the activation cards for your BGs, so you just then cut them out and put them in a sleeve to give them some stiffness, and you're ready to go. But that's a nice to have.

One thing we did find tonight, tho -- The Ganymede's Medium Batteries are only Attack 4, per the Rulebook, not Attack 6 as you have them in DFList. Don't know if other broadside weapons have similar problems, but definitely they all need to be checked against the book...

DFList deserves some sort of award! :shock: :o
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Matti

PostSat Nov 12, 2016 10:20 pm

Medium Calibre Batteries were... enthusiastically statted all round. This has now been fixed :)

Great to see you enjoyed using the app!

Matti

PostMon Nov 14, 2016 9:36 pm

For those of you interested in stats like me, check out the new stats page on DFlist showing pickrates by tonnage. It's very early in terms of meta of course, but some interesting trends can be observed... :)

More info/stats, a comparison between all-time and recent pickrates and a better layout will come in the near future.

Skylifter-1000

PostMon Nov 14, 2016 9:47 pm

Just wanted to chime in and say thank you! Great tool, not perfect maybe, but it's much better than having to arrange it all in my head. Looking forward to using it fully once I actually get into the game.

Matti

PostMon Nov 14, 2016 10:13 pm

Thanks! As for the not perfect bit: got any suggestions? I'm not unwilling to listen and then implement, as some people around here have noticed after suggesting features in an offhanded way :)

Skylifter-1000

PostMon Nov 14, 2016 10:27 pm

I haven't really got any suggestions that weren't already mentioned - moving groups and battlegroups around for easier overview, making it print to pdf somehow, adding a change game parameters option (so you don't have to create a completely new list when you want to change points limit).

I'm haven't at all played Dropfleet yet and only dabbled in doing a few lists in your builder, so I don't know if there's anything else that'd need adressing - or if some of what I just suggested is already there and I just didn't see it yet.

Matti

PostMon Nov 14, 2016 10:48 pm

Changing the points/name/faction can be done from the fleetlists overview page through the pencil icon (I may add that to the fleetlist page as well, for extra ease of use). The others are indeed being worked on :)
PreviousNext

Return to DFlist Fleet Builder