It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:38 pm

DFList bugreports

Discuss the DFlist fleet builder here!
  • Author

Matti

DFList bugreports

PostMon Jan 09, 2017 10:08 am

Please put bugs / corrections / stats changes in this topic, also bugs you have already mentioned to me but which have not yet been fixed. Will try to keep a definitive record here :)

Open bugs
- Admiral in not shown in print view
- After being logged in for a long time, it can happen that you appear to be logged in but can not see lists anymore. The fix is a timed logged-in check.
- Issues on older iPads with broken functionality
- Lag on unstable connections (needs a fairly big overhaul, on the todo)
- BC's need to check both variants in their unique check

Fixed bugs
- CAW on some scourge ships have incorrect arcs

dread2005

Hawk Talon

Re: DFList bugreports

PostMon Jan 09, 2017 10:22 am

hi perfect super tool

well i wonder if its just me... but my Browser keeps DFList open in a Tab, after some time hours.. days i am logged in but cant see my lists anymore till i log out and in again.
Quote: " nothing is ever easy " by zedicus zul zorrander

Dropfleet ADMIRAL may Mankind conquer the universe
UCM ~2500 Points, PHR ~2000 Points

Dropzone GENERAL revenge of Mankind
PHR 2000 Points, UCM 3500 Points

Matti

PostMon Jan 09, 2017 12:48 pm

dread2005 wrote:hi perfect super tool

well i wonder if its just me... but my Browser keeps DFList open in a Tab, after some time hours.. days i am logged in but cant see my lists anymore till i log out and in again.

Yup, this is a less than ideal feature of the way it's set up. I'll note it and have a look whether I can make this experience better.

Akdakkar

Hawk Talon

PostMon Jan 09, 2017 9:51 pm

Really great tool man! Thanks for the effort

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostTue Jan 10, 2017 2:02 pm

Im having a similar bug. If I leave the tab open for awhile I can still see everything but cant change anything. It gives me the working spinning icon forever or not at all.

Also sometimes it lags for several seconds before jumping to do the commands given (normally a few more than I want because I dont see what is happening right away).

Great work though, this tool is awesome!

Matti

PostTue Jan 10, 2017 7:15 pm

Yeah, it needs to check for logged in status. It's on the todo. As for the lag: that's because it communicates with the server for every action taken and saves it. The advantage of this is that you will only ever at most lose a single action when you close your browser, have a power failure or something like that. The obvious disadvantage is that if the connection is slow on either your end or the server's, you'll get lag.

I have a few ideas to make this situation better, but they constitute a significant overhaul so will probably have to wait for a holiday (or at least a lull in my day job) :)

Lordprinceps

PostMon Jan 16, 2017 6:56 pm

DFList doesn't consider the two variants of the same BC to be the same thing, so it's possible to have two Avalon and two Perth in the same list, despite both of them being the same ship and having the rare rule.

Nobody

PostMon Jan 23, 2017 2:51 am

The Madrid's stats indicate the Bombardment Turrets have the "Linked-1" rule but there's nothing linked to them (they aren't linked to anything in the rulebook).

Darios

Hawk Talon

PostThu Feb 02, 2017 7:17 pm

when selceting aan admiral the points don't add in the BGs points. they do come in in the total calculation but are not included in the relevant BGS points.

Lordprinceps

PostThu Feb 02, 2017 7:29 pm

Darios wrote:when selceting aan admiral the points don't add in the BGs points. they do come in in the total calculation but are not included in the relevant BGS points.

As per the game rules (page 70, column 2, paragraph 3), admirals are not counted in the costs of battle groups; they're instead costed to the fleet as a whole, but merely mounted in a specific ship.
Next

Return to DFlist Fleet Builder