It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:48 pm

Post your fan art!

Post your Fan art, whether it be 2D Drawings, 3D Models or real life sculptures and paintings!
  • Author

Bistromatic

Hawk Talon

Re: Post your fan art!

PostThu Oct 06, 2016 3:03 pm

Great work, call. I always have a thing for good lineart since that's something i can't do to save my life. I should dust off my tablet sometime, i haven't painted anything in a good while.

J.D. Welch wrote:Careful... Some people don't like it that PHR women actually have boobs... :roll:

Never met anyone like that. :P

I do however dislike dishonest accounts of events and behind-the-back shittalking, so imagine my surprise when i wandered into this thread.

Also ask me about being a feminazi. No seriously, i'll happily chat about feminism and why it owns in an off-topic thread or in private.

callofthedeep

PostFri Oct 07, 2016 12:21 am

Cheers man! And you totally should, there's never no such thing as a bad time to jump back into art.

It does a body wonders to just get what you've got in there down on a canvas (digital or otherwise!)

(For what its worth, for my part: while I dislike the thing that feminism has become as well as the bigotry and cultural authoritarianism that often seems to go hand in hand with it; equality of opportunity and meritocracy are principles I live by which is why I'm an egalitarian.)
Artist | Egalitarian | Tactless Churl [Universal principles applied consistently.]

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostFri Oct 07, 2016 1:42 am

Bistromatic wrote:Great work, call. I always have a thing for good lineart since that's something i can't do to save my life. I should dust off my tablet sometime, i haven't painted anything in a good while.

J.D. Welch wrote:Careful... Some people don't like it that PHR women actually have boobs... :roll:

Never met anyone like that. :P

About time you showed up! :lol:

Bistromatic wrote:I do however dislike dishonest accounts of events and behind-the-back shittalking, so imagine my surprise when i wandered into this thread.

I knew you'd be along eventually. And I wasn't being dishonest or behind-the-back -- if I'd wanted to do that I'd've sent callofthedeep a PM and you'd never be the wiser. ;) But a bunch of people jumped on my shit that day, so don't take it personally...

Bistromatic wrote:Also ask me about being a feminazi. No seriously, i'll happily chat about feminism and why it owns in an off-topic thread or in private.

Never said you were a feminazi, but as I said, a lot of people jumped on my shit that day without understanding or knowing my positions or attitudes on women, equal pay, meritocracy, etc, as call mentioned. Y'all just took an off-handed remark intended to express a sincere fondness for the female human form waaaaay too seriously.

C'mon, bro, let's stop this feuding, OK? :D

Peace...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostFri Oct 07, 2016 1:46 am

And, call, less writing and more drawing, OK...? ;)

More boobage, if you don't mind! :shock: :o :lol: (But, keep it PG-13!*)

(* = That actually gives you a ton of latitude...) :shock: :lol: 8-)

(Just kidding, bro -- you write as well as you draw, which is to say, extremely well!) :D
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

callofthedeep

PostFri Oct 07, 2016 9:47 am

J.D. Welch wrote:And, call, less writing and more drawing, OK...? ;)

(Just kidding, bro -- you write as well as you draw, which is to say, extremely well!) :D

But in all seriousness I can't wait to finish that Immortal picture as soon as I have the time. (something to work on over lunch I guess!)
Artist | Egalitarian | Tactless Churl [Universal principles applied consistently.]

Bistromatic

Hawk Talon

PostFri Oct 07, 2016 6:26 pm

J.D. Welch wrote:About time you showed up! :lol:

I knew you'd be along eventually. And I wasn't being dishonest or behind-the-back -- if I'd wanted to do that I'd've sent callofthedeep a PM and you'd never be the wiser. ;) But a bunch of people jumped on my shit that day, so don't take it personally...

Never said you were a feminazi, but as I said, a lot of people jumped on my shit that day without understanding or knowing my positions or attitudes on women, equal pay, meritocracy, etc, as call mentioned. Y'all just took an off-handed remark intended to express a sincere fondness for the female human form waaaaay too seriously.

C'mon, bro, let's stop this feuding, OK? :D

Peace...

JD my good man,
that's exactly what i'm contesting. No one went feminazi on you and no one voiced any assumptions regarding your your attitudes towards women or equality. There were people agreeing with you too. Everyone stayed on-topic on the off-topic topic or however you even begin to describe that :P I even went back and reread things because i wasn't sure if i was remembering things correctly. I didn't know you took the whole thing personally and this badly. That's why i was so surprised to see you complain about it weeks later in a completely unrelated thread and that might have lead to me being a more snarky than necessary.

I also didn't know we were having a feud. Sure, we seem to disagree pretty often but that doesn't have to or should be anything personal. With how much i read the forums and how often you post we are bound to cross paths frequently. Of course i'm more likely to post if i disagree with something than if everyone is already voicing something close to my opinion. But again that doesn't have to be anything personal and we should all try not to make it something personal.

So yeah, take it easy and peace. If there's anything you want to discuss i'd be happy to do that via PM so we don't spread unnecessary drama all over the forums.

And just so this isn't purely a wall of text, here's the closest thing to fanart i can offer: My set of homemade tokens. I designed and manufactured them myself. Including with my own army logo for the Vanadian Advance Legion. I don't think i've actually posted them here before.

If you're interested you can see a couple of progress shots here: http://imgur.com/a/jWbKX

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSat Oct 08, 2016 12:04 am

Bistromatic wrote:A lot of good stuff...

Cool. Thanks. Peace back atcha... :D

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSat Oct 08, 2016 1:21 am

callofthedeep wrote:
J.D. Welch wrote:And, call, less writing and more drawing, OK...? ;)

But in all seriousness I can't wait to finish that Immortal picture as soon as I have the time. (something to work on over lunch I guess!)

:D

Thank you!

callofthedeep

PostSat Oct 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Those tokens look amazing!

I really, really like the damage counters especially.

Pirannha

PostMon Oct 17, 2016 1:57 am

callofthedeep wrote:Those tokens look amazing!

I really, really like the damage counters especially.

Agreed! Now you just need someone to make custom waterslide decals so you put the logo on your models. ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art