It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:22 pm

Post your fan art!

Post your Fan art, whether it be 2D Drawings, 3D Models or real life sculptures and paintings!
  • Author

BlackLegion

Re: Post your fan art!

PostMon Oct 03, 2016 12:11 pm

Wow! More please! :)

callofthedeep

PostMon Oct 03, 2016 1:08 pm

J.D. Welch wrote:Careful... Some people don't like it that PHR women actually have boobs... :roll:

Fantastic piece, man. Looking forward to more... :D

Really? But the models do! XD (I'll substantially reduce the cupsize next time, find a happy medium :B)

Hawk Liam wrote:Btw I forgot to mention, your work is awesome :D

Thank you so much, mate! I really appreciate it :D

BlackLegion wrote:Wow! More please! :)

Haha cheers!

I'll absolutely be doing more soon
Artist | Egalitarian | Tactless Churl [Universal principles applied consistently.]

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostTue Oct 04, 2016 5:27 am

callofthedeep wrote:
J.D. Welch wrote:Careful... Some people don't like it that PHR women actually have boobs... :roll:

Fantastic piece, man. Looking forward to more... :D

Really? But the models do! XD (I'll substantially reduce the cupsize next time, find a happy medium :B)

NO! DON'T!!!

:oops:

Erm, I mean, no, it's OK, really. Personally, I love what you've done. There was just an exchange over PHR "boob plates" that got a little, well, feminazi on my ass. LOL.

Please, don't change a thing! Really! 8-)
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

callofthedeep

PostTue Oct 04, 2016 3:41 pm

Hahaha, I can relate!
Being an artist I am no stranger to being on the receiving end of that particular line of attack, its weird how offended people can choose to get over something so inconsequential.

A lot of ideologues believe that their personal worldview is more important than the freedom of others to create and enjoy things on their own terms... They also often try to poison the well further by attempting to apply their ideology to your thought processes, telling you why you chose to draw something the way you drew it.

You can point out the double standard in their thinking, of course, showing them similarly unrealistic depictions of men; but I can't count how many times I've gotten the stock lazy 'that's just a male power fantasy' response, which is a failure on their part to understand the nature of the iconography.

The thing they never get is that as an artist your job is to tell a story without ever uttering a word and so we tap into a common visual lexicon that all cultures share; the superheroes of today, for example are the archetypal gods and goddesses of myth and legend. Stronger than strong, more beautiful, more cruel, more imposing and impressive than mere humans and so, like all artists all throughout history we attempt render them in a way that reflects their grandeur.

They're not supposed to be realistic, they're supposed to be fantastic.

In simpler terms it could be argued that male power is seen as physical in nature hence muscles and female power is seen as sexual hence a sensual figure. Obviously there's a lot of wiggle room and exceptions there, but typically when you draw something you want to be understandable at a glance.

Luckily other than screaming about how oppressed they feel by looking at something it is within their power not to look at, there's very little they can do to stop you from drawing what you like or enjoying what you enjoy.
Artist | Egalitarian | Tactless Churl [Universal principles applied consistently.]

callofthedeep

PostTue Oct 04, 2016 10:36 pm

Started sketching up an immortal

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostWed Oct 05, 2016 2:46 am

callofthedeep wrote:Hahaha, I can relate!
Being an artist I am no stranger to being on the receiving end of that particular line of attack, its weird how offended people can choose to get over something so inconsequential.

A lot of ideologues believe that their personal worldview is more important than the freedom of others to create and enjoy things on their own terms... They also often try to poison the well further by attempting to apply their ideology to your thought processes, telling you why you chose to draw something the way you drew it.

You can point out the double standard in their thinking, of course, showing them similarly unrealistic depictions of men; but I can't count how many times I've gotten the stock lazy 'that's just a male power fantasy' response, which is a failure on their part to understand the nature of the iconography.

The thing they never get is that as an artist your job is to tell a story without ever uttering a word and so we tap into a common visual lexicon that all cultures share; the superheroes of today, for example are the archetypal gods and goddesses of myth and legend. Stronger than strong, more beautiful, more cruel, more imposing and impressive than mere humans and so, like all artists all throughout history we attempt render them in a way that reflects their grandeur.

They're not supposed to be realistic, they're supposed to be fantastic.

In simpler terms it could be argued that male power is seen as physical in nature hence muscles and female power is seen as sexual hence a sensual figure. Obviously there's a lot of wiggle room and exceptions there, but typically when you draw something you want to be understandable at a glance.

Luckily other than screaming about how oppressed they feel by looking at something it is within their power not to look at, there's very little they can do to stop you from drawing what you like or enjoying what you enjoy.

+1, with a re-roll!

Very well said, sir...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostWed Oct 05, 2016 2:50 am

callofthedeep wrote:Started sketching up an immortal

BTW, I hate you. I can't draw for shit. You can't even tell that my stick figures are supposed to be stick figures. :roll:

But I can "paint by numbers" with miniatures, and I've gotten much better as the years have rolled by, so that's my consolation...

And, JK, I love your work. Looking forward to more! :D

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

PostWed Oct 05, 2016 6:08 am

Superb!
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

callofthedeep

PostWed Oct 05, 2016 2:52 pm

Haha cheers!

Btw stick men are as good a jumping off point as any!

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostThu Oct 06, 2016 3:56 am

callofthedeep wrote:Haha cheers!

Btw stick men are as good a jumping off point as any!

If only I could draw stick men... :(

My oldest daughter is an amazing artist, across multiple media, but my youngest daughter is like me -- not quite as bad, she's gotten better, but I've given up trying... I'll stick to painting miniatures! :D

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Art