It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:46 am

We need your help at our 2017 events!

Post your short stories and novels set in the Dropzone Universe here
Forum rules This part of the forum is for background and world building. While only Hawk Wargames publications are considered 'canonical', this is a space for fiction writers, musings on background lore and ideas on new worlds, areas of the universe and jump off points for armies and campaigns.

Please be respectful of other people's work, and maintain the high level of friendly communication that has always been a hallmark of this Forum's members.

Please also note:

• All content connected to, related to or stemming from any Hawk Wargames publications, Dropzone Commander, Dropfleet Commander or any future Hawk Wargames products remains the property of Hawk Wargames. Any commercial use or gain from any writing or content created from such works is protected under copywrite laws and treaties. It may not be used for commercial gain without express permission from Hawk Wargames; any other commercial use is illegal.

• Hawk Wargames may use all of, part of or any ideas or themes created or used in these forum posts, in any way, for any use, commercial or otherwise. By posting work, writers/originators give their consent for use in any of the above situations, with no further consent needed. If used as such, Hawk Wargames will always seek to inform and gain consent of the writer/originator, however this is not required for Hawk Wargames to proceed with such use.

• Posts in no way constitute an agreement to pay for, provide, or solicit future work from the author/originator. Hawk Wargames does not in any way guarantee further communication, work (paid or unpaid), or any form of agreement for further submissions. By posting in this way, authors/originators have no claim to work for, be endorsed by or be in any way connected to Hawk Wargames, other than being a forum member.
  • Author

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

Re: We need your help at our 2017 events!

PostThu May 11, 2017 6:59 am

@Liam:

Things are looking up for me to make it to GenCon this year. Just one more piece needs to slide into place, and then I can take my proposal to The Boss. She should be OK with it at that point.

Hopefully I'll have news soon... :)
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Klarg1

PostFri May 12, 2017 5:57 pm

@Hawk Liam:
I should be available to run demos at Gencon again, and I am now qualified to run either Dropzone, or Dropfleet. :D

Which days/shifts would be most helpful?
Forsan et haec olim pinxisse iuvabit

I maintain a Miniatures Blog, full of detailed WIPs and random miniatures-ramblings.You can read it here: http://blindmetalminis.blogspot.com

Sobek

PostMon May 15, 2017 1:08 pm

The Gencon event listing went live this weekend. Unless I'm simply not seeing it, there aren't any Dropfleet or Dropzone events/tournaments at Gencon?

Hawk Liam

PostMon May 22, 2017 9:12 am

Bump for UK Games Expo help.

Would really appreciate if anyone can help on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Hawk Liam

PostMon May 22, 2017 1:52 pm

Klarg1 wrote:@Hawk Liam:
I should be available to run demos at Gencon again, and I am now qualified to run either Dropzone, or Dropfleet. :D

Morning or Afternoon slots for all days at Gen-Con are open.

Ideally we definitely need some cover for Saturday and Sunday.

Droachmega

Hawk Talon

PostMon May 22, 2017 8:59 pm

Sobek wrote:The Gencon event listing went live this weekend. Unless I'm simply not seeing it, there aren't any Dropfleet or Dropzone events/tournaments at Gencon?

There was a bit of a communication snafu but I submitted the events so hopefully they'll be posted soon.

David Nunez

Hawk Talon

PostTue May 23, 2017 1:00 am

Finally back from the dead! (leaving the military is a bit of a chore)

I am only an hour and a half away from Gencon, and I would very much like to help out all day everyday of the event if you can put me in the schedule for that. I am for certain going to be present and happily available. I do not have a badge as of yet however. Can you guys help me with that in exchange for all the help perhaps? If not, no worries, I will still be there to help regardless.
:mrgreen:

Hawk Liam

PostWed May 24, 2017 12:30 pm

David Nunez wrote:Finally back from the dead! (leaving the military is a bit of a chore)

I am only an hour and a half away from Gencon, and I would very much like to help out all day everyday of the event if you can put me in the schedule for that. I am for certain going to be present and happily available. I do not have a badge as of yet however. Can you guys help me with that in exchange for all the help perhaps? If not, no worries, I will still be there to help regardless.
:mrgreen:

Hi David,

If you can help out that much then we should be able to sort out a badge for you! Can I schedule you in for the whole thing? If that is okay with you?

Klarg1

PostWed May 24, 2017 5:52 pm

Hawk Liam wrote:
Klarg1 wrote:@Hawk Liam:

Morning or Afternoon slots for all days at Gen-Con are open.

Ideally we definitely need some cover for Saturday and Sunday.

Liam,
You can sign me up for the Friday morning and Saturday morning shifts at Gencon.

I will know more after events go live on Sunday. ;)
Forsan et haec olim pinxisse iuvabit

I maintain a Miniatures Blog, full of detailed WIPs and random miniatures-ramblings.You can read it here: http://blindmetalminis.blogspot.com

j. r. logan

Hawk Talon

PostThu May 25, 2017 1:36 am

I can help run dropzone demo on Sat. afternoon if you still need help, I do not know anything about dropfleet.

John
Adepticon 2015 7th/12
Adepticon 2016 2500pts 7th/12
Adepticon 2016 1500pts 9th/20
Gen Con 2016 5th/25
Adepticon 2017 11th/18
Hawk Talon
PreviousNext

Return to Fan Writing