It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:21 pm

Nodri's PHR, UCM, & Terrain: Ramblings, Photos, & Tutorials

Threads for all your painting and modelling blogs as well as hobby tutorials
  • Author

Nodri

Re: Nodri's PHR, UCM, & Terrain: Ramblings, Photos, & Tutor

PostWed May 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Slade wrote:Having seen these beautiful models in person finally I was completely blown away by the quality.

Thank you! It was a great gameing night.

Slade wrote:From the first postings on masking the Helios I knew he was crazy, and meeting him in person proved it ;)

You ain't seen nuthin' yet. :lol:

Mike Mee wrote:Wow, very cool!

Thanks man!
Passion has little to do with euphoria and everything to do with patience. It is not about feeling good. It is about endurance. Like patience, passion comes from the same Latin root: pati. It does not mean to flow with exuberance. It means to suffer.

Nodri

Re: Nodri's PHR, UCM, & Terrain: Ramblings, Photos, & Tutor

PostFri May 19, 2017 11:56 am

Time for another quick update.

Drybrushing is done and I've managed to make some additional progress. The decking for the large and medium bridges is base coated. I've also base coated the metal grating on all of the hills. Photos are below.

Metal surfaces were all base coated with silver craft paint. I then liberally applied a black wash that was made using Les' Wash Recipe. Once dry, I lightly drybrushed with silver craft paint.

On the high-traffic areas of the bridges, I applied a 50/50 mix of GW Gryphonne Sepia (I had an old pot that was still good) diluted with water. And additional drybrush of silver craft paint was lightly applied on top. The undersides of the bridges were painted with silver craft paint stippled with black wash.

There will be additional weathering later on which will be completed after I paint the pipe sections.

Here's the progress on the bridges.

Grates base coated.

Grates finished.

That's all for now. More to come...
Passion has little to do with euphoria and everything to do with patience. It is not about feeling good. It is about endurance. Like patience, passion comes from the same Latin root: pati. It does not mean to flow with exuberance. It means to suffer.
Previous

Return to Blogs and Tutorials