It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:51 pm

Entering the Dropzone

Threads for all your painting and modelling blogs as well as hobby tutorials
  • Author

Itchywhambar

Entering the Dropzone

PostWed Oct 04, 2017 3:13 pm

I did a post on a blog I contribute to occasionally about my first tentative steps into the world of Dropzone.

http://weplaygames.uk/2017/09/29/entering-the-dropzone/

Mike Mee

Re: Entering the Dropzone

PostThu Oct 05, 2017 11:08 am

Nice article dude, its good to see fresh blood getting involved in the game.

Itchywhambar

PostThu Oct 05, 2017 1:34 pm

Many thanks. I'm doing more painting that playing at the moment but had a bit of a disaster last night when priming my next lot of UCM. The cap broke off the top of the spray can and discharged straight into my eyes. That'll teach me to not wear protection. Fortunately no harm done and I managed to clean the paint off my face with nail varnish remover. Could've been a whole lot worse.

Large tracts of my garage now has a speckled green effect where the can was left upright freely discharging into the air. Not to mention the models that were just next to it. I'm going to have to strip the paint off a few and start again as they got hit by large blobs of paint.

Mike Mee

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 10:18 am

Itchywhambar wrote:Many thanks. I'm doing more painting that playing at the moment but had a bit of a disaster last night when priming my next lot of UCM. The cap broke off the top of the spray can and discharged straight into my eyes. That'll teach me to not wear protection. Fortunately no harm done and I managed to clean the paint off my face with nail varnish remover. Could've been a whole lot worse.

Large tracts of my garage now has a speckled green effect where the can was left upright freely discharging into the air. Not to mention the models that were just next to it. I'm going to have to strip the paint off a few and start again as they got hit by large blobs of paint.

Oooops, I hope its the plastics that you are stripping, Hawk Resin dosen't take well to getting stripped.

Itchywhambar

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 10:49 am

That's good to know. A Gladius and a Falcon got a smattering but it was the plastic Condors that bore the brunt.

Return to Blogs and Tutorials