feindusmaximus

Hawk Talon

Re: Frozen City (by Abrusio)

PostTue Apr 21, 2015 6:21 pm

Nice job

Hexer

PostWed Apr 22, 2015 5:18 am

Not my favourite color scheme of the Scourge I've seen so far but very well done nonetheless :)

Abrusio

PostWed Apr 22, 2015 6:24 am

Hexer wrote:Not my favourite color scheme of the Scourge I've seen so far but very well done nonetheless :)

It was more a attempt at salvaging an army painted very fast with simple colors. If I were to paint it again, I would do something very different, but I have not mustered enough motivation yet :)

Hexer

PostWed Apr 22, 2015 9:30 am

well, as I said: It looks good anyways, so... *shrugs* :mrgreen:

Ljevid

Hawk Talon

PostWed Apr 22, 2015 10:32 am

Abrusio wrote:It was more a attempt at salvaging an army painted very fast with simple colors. If I were to paint it again, I would do something very different, but I have not mustered enough motivation yet :)

I have the same problem with my Scourge. :lol:

I think yours is a very impressive army, which shows your usual impressive skill. ;)

The yellow is just a very stark contrast to the metallic purple. You could possibly lessen the effect by using your airbrush with a darker color (orange for example). Don't be too precise for a nice OSL effect and then build it up to yellow or even white. Shouldn't take too much time.
Or what do you think?
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man ON fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

Abrusio

PostWed Apr 22, 2015 11:19 am

Ljevid wrote:
Abrusio wrote:It was more a attempt at salvaging an army painted very fast with simple colors. If I were to paint it again, I would do something very different, but I have not mustered enough motivation yet :)

I have the same problem with my Scourge. :lol:

I think yours is a very impressive army, which shows your usual impressive skill. ;)

The yellow is just a very stark contrast to the metallic purple. You could possibly lessen the effect by using your airbrush with a darker color (orange for example). Don't be too precise for a nice OSL effect and then build it up to yellow or even white. Shouldn't take too much time.
Or what do you think?

I already began some tinkering with the yellow. The anihilator on the last picture on my blog already received a orange/red drybrush on the plasma vents. I am not entirely satisfied with it however.

I would like to try glowing (or very bright) pigments like WargamerSami on his scourge http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6341 if I can get my hands on the right sort of pigment.

But alternatively I could try the OSL like you describe, even if I never did it before. That's what the extra 4 invaders are for I guess :mrgreen:

Abrusio

PostMon May 11, 2015 8:43 am

Haven't found any yellow glow pigments, but I finished some models for my Scourge :

Hexer

PostMon May 11, 2015 9:27 am

Sweeeeet :)

what exactly are those firery bits? just explosion markers or something?

Abrusio

PostMon May 11, 2015 10:06 am

Hexer wrote:Sweeeeet :)

what exactly are those firery bits? just explosion markers or something?

acrylic explosion markers I use for damage tokens, I found them in some thread here a while ago

Abrusio

PostFri Jun 05, 2015 4:42 pm

Showcase : Return to the Frozen city

Just recieved my deepcut studio snow mat (4x6) so I had to put some scenery on it. After taking a few pictures I also had to put some DZC miniatures ! :)

Enjoy (more pictures on my blog there : http://posthumangamer.blogspot.fr/2015/06/return-to-frozen-city.html

PreviousNext

Return to Blogs and Tutorials