It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Downtown Terrain Project!

Threads for all your painting and modelling blogs as well as hobby tutorials
  • Author

gazza1234

Re: Downtown Terrain Project!

PostThu Oct 02, 2014 10:31 pm

Actually I dont like this board.................... I LOVE IT! :lol:
Amazing work thanks for all the cool pictures.

ED-209b

PostThu Oct 30, 2014 3:24 pm

Nice to come back and see so many positive comments. Thanks everyone :)

I'm actually starting to plan a crazy new terrain project which means I'm selling this board to make space!

It has 16 Hawk resin buildings, a unique flyover, and is made of 6 tiles which are highly detailed with roads, parks, burnt out cars and sidewalks. It has two moveable parks, tonnes of magnetic street lamps, and planters that can placed wherever.

It's a big collection so I can't post it - I'm located in Guildford, but can help deliver within reason!

If you'd be interested in buying it or want more info, send me a private message here or email me at edhargrave83 (at) gmail (dot com). I'm only floating it here and on the facebook DZC community page as I'm in no real rush to sell it. Price wise, Ideally it would be nice to get back what I put in to it - the hawk buildings alone cost nearly £700, so offers in excess of that would be most welcome :)

More pics
http://imgur.com/a/KisrO

Cheers
Ed

Ljevid

Hawk Talon

PostThu Oct 30, 2014 6:11 pm

Maybe you should ask Hawk Wargames if they want to buy it. If you plan another project they could pay you the money you invested and with models (for your new project) for your time and efforts... Sounds like a win win situation.

And that way other DzC players could maybe See it on conventions... ;)
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man ON fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

Thunderboy

Hawk Talon

PostTue Nov 04, 2014 6:26 pm

I agree with Ljevid.
They did put it in Phase 1. So why not?
Would be a great demo table for them to use at tournement to show new models.
Or have it as the center demotable when they are running more than one table.

Goodluck on your next project!
For Humanity!
26th at Autum Invasion 2016

Daniel36

Hawk Talon

PostMon Nov 17, 2014 9:38 am

It almost saddens me that you decide to sell it. If I had the money (and the room for it) I would've bought it from you. Alas, I do not. I hope someone will step in and buy it from you, if for no other reason than it gets to see good use. Also, looking forward to see what you have cooked up for Phase 2. :P
Officially Holland's #4 Dropzone Commander Player!
Now with added Moderator Powers!

Redix

PostSat Nov 22, 2014 12:35 am

Daniel36 wrote:It almost saddens me that you decide to sell it. If I had the money (and the room for it) I would've bought it from you.

Ditto.

Really though, this board was a fantastic piece of art that gave me a lot of inspiration and ideas for when I eventually get to the point where I can start building a board of my own. Excellent reference piece for future projects.

gazza1234

PostMon Nov 24, 2014 5:38 am

OMG Sell it are you crazy!
I need to get my hands on £700+ ASAP!
Now to tell the soon to be mrs I have spent her wedding dress deposit on a DZC gaming table :lol: :lol:

Daniel36

Hawk Talon

PostWed Mar 18, 2015 9:00 am

It's really fun and inspirational to read through this log again. Using Ikea tables as your base is pretty genius. It's probably slightly more expensive than using MDF but has a much lower chance of getting damaged.

The metal rulers so you can easily magnetize the lantern poles is another piece of absolute brilliance. Funny how they nicely end curved.

I took the liberty to download all of the pictures. I really, REALLY want to have a table similar to this one. Playing on the cardboard cityscape is great fun, but this is just a whole different ballgame. I am going to take a lot of hints from your log, so thank you so much for sharing.

Can't wait to see what you are going to do for your next table.
Officially Holland's #4 Dropzone Commander Player!
Now with added Moderator Powers!
Previous

Return to Blogs and Tutorials