It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:32 am

JDW's PHR Painting Blog

Threads for all your painting and modelling blogs as well as hobby tutorials
  • Author

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

Re: JDW's PHR Painting Blog

PostWed Mar 25, 2015 6:33 pm

yoink101 wrote:You did some excellent work with the greenstuff on the Junos! They are seamless! I like the contrast between the blue and they red. They are a little water colory for me, but they look great spread out on the table! Truely, well done!

Wow. Thanks!

The Junos aren't quite seamless, but I'm glad you can't notice it. Yes, they are the resin Junos, and yes, it's a pain in the butt to greenstuff and then sand smooth the greenstuff in the seams without wrecking the rest of the model. I like the plastic ones oh, so much better!

It's good to hear that you like to contrast between the blue and the red. Some folks don't like it; can come across as having a "clown's nose" effect. It's grown on me...

And, yeah, the blue is a bit "water colory", but it worked out really well on my test model, which was a Neptune. After that, each model ended up looking a bit different, which some folks like; makes them look "organic". I liked the effect, but mainly, I liked that I could get these guys banged out pretty quickly. LOL. ;)

I've considered selling this whole batch and starting over with a more patient color scheme, and using my airbrush instead of an analog brush... Not sure, need to think about it some more, but in the meantime, I'm not painting any more PHR until I decide...

Thanks again!
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com
Previous

Return to Blogs and Tutorials