It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:40 pm

Black Model Syndrome Killing

Threads for all your painting and modelling blogs as well as hobby tutorials
  • Author

Warjacked

Hawk Talon

Black Model Syndrome Killing

PostSat Jan 31, 2015 2:56 am

We all have it time to get rid of it for at least Dropzone a little at a time. Chose Shaltari to start since it's the base army I have the second least amount for this month. UCM and PHR have the most of me with Scourge in last after Resistance. Resistance is building though.

Anyways the pics I put on the January painting contest.

Untitled 3403.jpg
Untitled 3403.jpg (67.48 KiB) Viewed 3550 times

Untitled 3404.jpg
Untitled 3404.jpg (37.96 KiB) Viewed 3550 times

I plan on abusing the gem in the center to match a squad color to help with teaching games along with the shoulderpads on the infantry. One being battlegroup other being squad. I tend to stick with the typical Green, Brown, and Black colors in all miniature games with customization for a Jungle camo thanks to my dad being in the millitary for 20 years of his life and seeing tanks up close alot it just kind of stuck in me. Any army would match their vehicles' paint close to the surroundings anyways and when area's get neglected due to being abandoned at some point vegetation gets out of control. Until someone comes along with a flamethrower as needed that is. :lol:

feindusmaximus

Hawk Talon

Re: Black Model Syndrome Killing

PostSat Jan 31, 2015 3:52 am

For INF I try to use the flock on the base to tell the units apart (like 2 buses on yours, have 1, 2 &3 bush s on base to set units). The iNF are so small it can be hard to tell the color on a shoulder pad. Just an Idea, works for me.

Warjacked

Hawk Talon

PostSat Jan 31, 2015 4:08 am

Easier to tell atm thanks to the other squad having just the green on it but can just point it out to them. Unique idea using the bases terrain like that though. Messing with Water Effects on bases anyways so might just do that to the second squads' base in spots.

Untitled 3410.jpg
Larger View
Untitled 3410.jpg (58.99 KiB) Viewed 3547 times

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

PostSat Jan 31, 2015 4:50 am

Great idea for telling bases apart. I kind of did the same thing with my PHR infantry but didn't make it distinctive enough so I still have to squint at the colour marking on the shoulder pads. :roll:
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

Nightwolf

PostSat Jan 31, 2015 9:56 am

SwordOfJustice wrote:Great idea for telling bases apart. I kind of did the same thing with my PHR infantry but didn't make it distinctive enough so I still have to squint at the colour marking on the shoulder pads. :roll:

I did the same thing with my UCM infantry. Much squinting indeed...

Back on topic! They look good warjacked. I really love how the based infantry have turned out.

Warjacked

Hawk Talon

PostSat Feb 21, 2015 2:18 am

Decided to shine the inner part out a little more and started on the tanks. Abusing the crystals for the squad so players don't mix them up once the plastic starter finally shows up will help already. Suck at glow effects atm still though. Decided with the infantry to help it along doing the base lines bellow the terrain in the squad color as well now.

@Nightwolf Thanks think the Mordheim tuffs by GW are more desert than Jungle but fit any scale to me.

Untitled 3619.jpg
Close so close
Untitled 3619.jpg (45.57 KiB) Viewed 3441 times

Untitled 3620.jpg
Untitled 3620.jpg (58.16 KiB) Viewed 3441 times

Warjacked

Hawk Talon

PostSat Feb 21, 2015 9:13 pm

Orange felt off so started switching it to blue after putting lightning on the crystals so the glow will match as if pulling energy from the crystals under the turret.

Untitled 3635.jpg
Untitled 3635.jpg (50.31 KiB) Viewed 3401 times

Return to Blogs and Tutorials