It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:21 pm

Warboar Games DFC Tournament 18/02/2017 (BETA Command Cards)

Find out about the latest Dropzone Commander and Dropfleet Commander events
  • Author

Nobody

Re: Warboar Games DFC Tournament 18/02/2017 (BETA Command Ca

PostSat Mar 04, 2017 3:09 pm

David Nunez wrote:
Hawk Liam wrote:Here are the results for the Tournament. Well done to Talon Steven Piper for running the event.

Warboar DFC Tournament Results.jpg

Really curious on what the UCM lists looked like if anybody could help. All the local UCM players are getting repeatedly stomped and i'm trying to figure out their best "tactics" in list building to try and help em out. Mostly worried they are getting burnt out on repeat failures lately.

Based on Orbital Bombardment's video we know Dave was running a 5 Seattle fleet.

So far the best performing UCM fleets tend towards BTLs, Limas, a couple of Madrids, and as many Strike Carriers as possible.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 6:06 am

David Nunez wrote:
Hawk Liam wrote:Here are the results for the Tournament. Well done to Talon Steven Piper for running the event.

Warboar DFC Tournament Results.jpg

Really curious on what the UCM lists looked like if anybody could help. All the local UCM players are getting repeatedly stomped and i'm trying to figure out their best "tactics" in list building to try and help em out. Mostly worried they are getting burnt out on repeat failures lately.

David, why don't you open a new Topic with your local UCM players' lists (in the UCM section) so that we can critique them? Sometimes it's easier to spot a problem than it is to recommend an all-around cure. :)

(BTW, UCM are pretty good, so hopefully we can solve your local problems before your guys abandon ship...) ;)
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

LiamK

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 12:00 pm

I placed 6th with the below list. I could have really done with another 1 or 2 new orleans but I made it work. New Cairo's and Avalon were easily the best units. Along with one of the cool command cards where you can fire a burnthrough laser twice, suddenly the Avalon goes from a ship crippler to a ship destroyer :lol:
--------------------------------------
Warboar Tournament 4 - Current - 1246pts
UCM - 6 launch assets

SR11 Vanguard battlegroup (232pts)
1 x Avalon - 195pts - H
1 x Lima - 37pts - L

SR11 Vanguard battlegroup (237pts)
1 x Atlantis - 205pts - H
   + UCM Vice-Admiral (80pts, 4AV)
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L

SR5 Line battlegroup (132pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M

SR12 Line battlegroup (250pts)
2 x New Cairo - 176pts - M
2 x Lima - 74pts - L

SR7 Line battlegroup (155pts)
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M
2 x Santiago - 44pts - L

SR5 Pathfinder battlegroup (160pts)
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L
1 x New Orleans - 32pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostWed Mar 08, 2017 3:00 am

Interesting, Liam. I ran a similar list in our 4-player Campaign Day (which turned into two games of Dropfleet for each of us, since we had two late no-shows). I won both of my games with this:

--------------------------------------
UCM 1250 - 01-100 - 1247pts
UCM - 0 launch assets

SR11 Vanguard battlegroup (232pts)
1 x Avalon - 195pts - H
   + UCM Commodore (40pts, 3AV)
1 x Lima - 37pts - L

SR16 Vanguard battlegroup (298pts)
1 x St Petersburg - 155pts - H
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L

SR11 Line battlegroup (213pts)
1 x Lima - 37pts - L

SR11 Line battlegroup (208pts)
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (128pts)

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (128pts)
------------- dflist.com -------------

The Jakartas were rockingly good!

There's a reason I took the St. Pete... :D
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

LiamK

PostWed Mar 08, 2017 10:51 am

How did the St. Petersburg perform?

I like your duel groups of 2x New Cairos. I can usually only fit one in a list, but I do get greedy with 2 battlecruisers taking up a chunk of points

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 6:43 am

Hawk Liam wrote:I like your duel groups of 2x New Cairos. I can usually only fit one in a list, but I do get greedy with 2 battlecruisers taking up a chunk of points

It was my first time running UCM at this points level. I've only ever coached others who were using UCM in demo games. I love the New Cairo, and in a 1,500 point list my son-in-law ran I had two groups of 3, both with a single Lima. But in that list I took an Atlantis, 2 Seattles and one or two San Fran's, can't recall now, that was at Christmastime.

I also love, Love, LOVE! the Jakarta! Two were great, but I could've used a third to run with the other New Cairo squad, so I might swap the Lima in that one BG with the two Cairo's out for a third and use it as a cheap pinger, not sure... With the Cairo's speed it was pretty easy to get them up the board fast, but it still might be better to take the two Limas... Those Jakartas saved a number of ships' bacon, tho, and there was definitely a couple of times I wish I could've taken a third, and by mid game the Limas weren't needed so much... Hmmmm, decisions, decisions!

Previous

Return to Tournaments and Events