It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:40 am

Hello from Michigan

Introduce yourselves here!
  • Author

D_Houseman

Hello from Michigan

PostSat May 20, 2017 11:07 am

Hello to the group and all of its members. I am Doug, I have been involved in war gaming since the 1960's - yes I am that old. Because of military happenstance I managed to be at both the first Origins and the first GenCon - though I have missed many of them over the years for similar reasons.

My boys found DropZone Commander shortly after it released and each grabbed a faction, I ended up with resistance, with I play with all of the sneaky ideas I can come up with. I supported the DropFleet kickstarter and my boys again stuck to their factions, so I end up mostly watching - since resistance has little it can do in DFC.

I lead a crew of roughly 20 GMs that go to Origins each year to run games. I also run the crew the is responsible for the Open Gaming area at AdeptiCon. I am the miniature master at U-Con and help support several other events in the MidWest.

If you get to AdeptiCon, U-Con or Origins, the big red carts with terrain in them are ours.

Thank you all for letting me join the board.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

Re: Hello from Michigan

PostSun May 21, 2017 7:30 am

Welcome!
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Return to New Members