It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:18 pm

Good Morning from Edmonton!

Introduce yourselves here!
  • Author

alchahest

Good Morning from Edmonton!

PostMon Jun 05, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi, I'm just a simple country UCM player, constantly struggling against PHR, happy to join the discussion!

I used to play BFG way back when, so I was intensely interested when I found out Andy Chambers was doing spaceships again, a friend had picked up the 2 player starter, and a starter for the other two factions - we played a few games and I fell in love with the look and feel of UCM. I picked up a starter+KS battlecruisers on ebay, and ordered a bunch more cruisers and frigates through my LGS. I'm thoroughly enjoying the game, though I haven't won a game in almost two months. I like that even if it feels like I'm being steamrolled, the scores are usually actually very close.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

Re: Good Morning from Edmonton!

PostWed Jun 07, 2017 7:48 am

Welcome!

Have you met the other players in Edmonton? I know them from when they came down to the Las Vegas Open (LVO). Nice of them to come all that way! Edmonton is a pretty place, but so far North!

Best of luck vs your PHR nemesis. I hope I've helped out some on your topic on the subject... :)
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

alchahest

PostWed Jun 07, 2017 3:51 pm

Haven't met anyone outside my long time little circle of friends, but I'm not surprised to hear they're good folks. The Infinity community here is incredibly friendly too.

I'll definitely be putting some of your tips to use this weekend! Going to try to get a batrep done during it too, for better post game discussion.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostThu Jun 08, 2017 5:41 am

Awesome! Always good to see a batrep.
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostFri Jun 09, 2017 2:26 am

Welcome! Glad to see more Alberta folks! The group in Calgary is small but I have a few new players in the wings. With any luck we will be heading north or vice versa for a tournament before the summer is out. You have a bunch of people that way to play with and if you haven't already joined the Alberta Dropzone and Dropfleet Fans Facebook page get on there!

alchahest

PostFri Jun 09, 2017 9:48 pm

Just joined, I recognize some names there!

Return to New Members