It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Ahoy from New Jersey

Introduce yourselves here!
  • Author

Doomkitten

Ahoy from New Jersey

PostMon Nov 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Hello!

I'm Jay, also known as Silver or my chosen moniker here, Doomkitten. I've been collecting and gaming for about twenty-five years (which probably suggests I'm old, I guess I am!) and for as long as I can remember have had a thing for outer space. I've watched Hawk Wargames for a while but never had a reliable group to try to play Dropzone Commander with, so always held off buying into things, but with my love of space the Dropfleet kickstarter was a natural fit even if I had to make my own group. So here I am, Cruiser-sized box of sprues in hand and excited to get involved.

I've got my ships (even assembled a few) and managed to lure in two or three friends to getting started as well. Hopefully I'll grow that group with a few more people as we start to play and take it around to the nearby stores. I'd love to hear from more people in the New Jersey area, but most of all I'm looking forward to sharing my hobby progress and seeing other people's great models and great games.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

Re: Ahoy from New Jersey

PostMon Nov 28, 2016 5:31 pm

Welcome, and best of luck growing the game in your area.

Where in NJ are you located? (I grew up in Basking Ridge.)
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Doomkitten

PostMon Nov 28, 2016 7:53 pm

Mount Olive/Budd Lake. Though I grew up in England, so I'm definitely also a transplant.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostTue Nov 29, 2016 4:33 am

Cool!
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Return to New Members