It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 11:24 pm

Welcome from the deep blue

Introduce yourselves here!
  • Author

Brutoni

Welcome from the deep blue

PostFri Dec 30, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi guys,

Brutoni here. Was attracted to hawk wargames for the excellent Dropfleet kickstarter. It simply has so much potential over the games I was used to... 40k, Fantasy, battlefleet gothic and halo fleet battles. While reading and awaiting the excellent product I was also drawn to Droppzone and may well convert to that in future!

As usual however life conspired againsy me. A serving Royal Navy Submarine Officer I was dragged on deployment prior to the kick starter being delivered. I have only returned recently and naturally spent a good period since my return with my wife.

As such I now have a Commodore kick starter package and entire games system to learn and assemble! I expect to be posting here in the future to try and recover some lost ground.

Hello all and I hope not to bore you all too much with silly questions (Though I do know what EW, EMCOM and ECM stand for :lol: )

Ps. Posting on my phone. Excuse me if the post doesn't flow well.

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

Re: Welcome from the deep blue

PostSat Dec 31, 2016 1:25 am

Welcome! I hope you find it an interesting and fun game.
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostSat Dec 31, 2016 4:02 am

Welcome! You wont regret jumping into DZC. I got into Hawk games through the Kickstarter but found DZC to pass the time. One of the better systems I have played with its objective based missions and gameplay.

Having been reading the DFC rules it really does have a more cinematic feel to it than most games with lander screaming to the surface while point defence cannons roar at incoming bombers and missiles and burnthrogh lasers cut ships in half! Loving the models too so far and eagerly awaiting my pledges arrival!

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSat Dec 31, 2016 8:11 am

Welcome!
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Brutoni

PostMon Jan 02, 2017 6:57 pm

Cry of the Wind wrote:Welcome! You wont regret jumping into DZC. I got into Hawk games through the Kickstarter but found DZC to pass the time. One of the better systems I have played with its objective based missions and gameplay.

Having been reading the DFC rules it really does have a more cinematic feel to it than most games with lander screaming to the surface while point defence cannons roar at incoming bombers and missiles and burnthrogh lasers cut ships in half! Loving the models too so far and eagerly awaiting my pledges arrival!

Yeah DZC is a definite possibility although I will wait to see how I get on with DFC. Got so many models to paint and assemble for DFC it is unreal. Looking forward to painting my PHR and UCM fleets most. Scourge I will probably do as well so I have them for small games/demo purposes. I may see if I can trade my Shaltari.

The dynamics of DFC are something I am learning to love and enjoying assembling my models atm! Dropped a load earlier and had a heart attack... no breakages thankfully.

Hope your pledge arrives soon!

Thunderboy

Hawk Talon

PostWed Jan 04, 2017 1:17 pm

Welcome!
And did you go for the jelly's, you being a squid?
For Humanity!
26th at Autum Invasion 2016

Brutoni

PostSun Jan 08, 2017 8:34 pm

Thunderboy wrote:Welcome!
And did you go for the jelly's, you being a squid?

Initially I was going to go for UCM or PHR. However the opportunity to field a submarine force with Jelly's has tempted me.

In the end it looks set that I will likely play all 3!

Thunderboy

Hawk Talon

PostMon Jan 09, 2017 8:14 pm

Well atleast you can claim that you are supporting Uk on and off duty :lol:
For Humanity!
26th at Autum Invasion 2016

Astral Templar

PostWed Jan 18, 2017 8:00 am

Welcome from across the pond. 8-) I thank you for your service to your nation.

I heard the term EMCOM be used in a show called The Last Ship, seemed to be a operating under radio silence thing.
Is that correct?
"There's a horror movie call Alien!? No wonder everyone keeps invading you!" - The Doctor

Return to New Members