It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:43 pm

New Brave Materializing In

Introduce yourselves here!
  • Author

Charistoph

New Brave Materializing In

PostWed Jan 04, 2017 4:20 pm

I am Christopher Reed from Mesa, Arizona. I received the Shaltari Starter Army for Christmas. They are almost all built and almost ready to go*. My local game store is the new Games U which has a few Drop* Commander players available.

My tabletop experience started with Battletech in the 90s. I have owned Tau, Chaos Space Marines, Black Templar, and Necrons from Warhammer 40K (almost all sold off as army interest changed and disgust with the game direction occured), but only have played with the Chaos Marines and Templars. I have also owned Protectorate, Trollbloods, Skorne and Mercenary armies for Warmachine/Hordes (but haven't played because of I like to "play it painted" and Steamroller :evil:). I also have Directorate models for Firestorm Armada and Planetfall, though I haven't played a game as I like to "play it painted" and my local game store closed 9 months ago.

*They would be built save for some rather important bits which did not make the journey in the box, like flight stands and infantry bases. The info email regarding this has already been sent.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Megavolt wrote:They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

Re: New Brave Materializing In

PostThu Jan 05, 2017 7:55 am

Welcome!

I'm your friendly neighborhood Hawk Talon, and Games U is my home store, too. But I don't recognize your name... :?

Do I know you, and I'm just not connecting the dots?

A group of us will be at GU this Friday, January 6th, in the evening. I think most will be playing Dropfleet, but please stop by and introduce yourself. It will be great to have another player in the community! (I'm assuming when you say you got the "Shaltari Starter Army for Christmas" that you mean Dropzone Commander, right?) Our other Talon, James (Achilles here on the forum) will be there around 7:00 to kick my butt with his Dropfleet Shaltari, but he plays Dropzone Shaltari, too, and can discuss that faction at length from the perspective of playing them (I, on the other hand, can tell you which units give me the most trouble when I play against them! :lol: )

If you don't know who I am, anyone who works at Games U can point me out to you. If I do already know you, and I'm having a "senior moment", just stop by my table and say, "Duh, J.D., it's Christopher!"

Also, I know you just have the Starter Army, but we're going to be having a Dropzone tournament on Sunday, January 22nd. I haven't advertised it yet, but the "regulars" all know about it, and it looks like we're going to have a great turnout. A three game tournament is a great way to immerse yourself in the game and get a crash course in the rules, and we're all a very friendly bunch. We can help you out by loaning you Shaltari models to flesh out a 1,500 point list, if you're so inclined -- just ask!

Welcome! :D
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostThu Jan 05, 2017 7:57 am

(Also, if you put the work "Megavolt" in your signature in quotation marks, like I just did, it should show up as a quote box, which I assume was your intention... ;) )
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostThu Jan 05, 2017 8:13 am

One more thing: we have a local Facebook group, "Phoenix Dropzone and Dropfleet Commander Community", that you can join. I use this forum more, myself, but we do use the FB group to coordinate and look for pickup games. Give it a shot!

Charistoph

PostThu Jan 05, 2017 8:17 am

J.D. Welch wrote:Welcome!

I'm your friendly neighborhood Hawk Talon, and Games U is my home store, too. But I don't recognize your name... :?

Do I know you, and I'm just not connecting the dots?

A group of us will be at GU this Friday, January 6th, in the evening. I think most will be playing Dropfleet, but please stop by and introduce yourself. It will be great to have another player in the community! (I'm assuming when you say you got the "Shaltari Starter Army for Christmas" that you mean Dropzone Commander, right?) Our other Talon, James (Achilles here on the forum) will be there around 7:00 to kick my butt with his Dropfleet Shaltari, but he plays Dropzone Shaltari, too, and can discuss that faction at length from the perspective of playing them (I, on the other hand, can tell you which units give me the most trouble when I play against them! :lol: )

If you don't know who I am, anyone who works at Games U can point me out to you. If I do already know you, and I'm having a "senior moment", just stop by my table and say, "Duh, J.D., it's Christopher!"

Also, I know you just have the Starter Army, but we're going to be having a Dropzone tournament on Sunday, January 22nd. I haven't advertised it yet, but the "regulars" all know about it, and it looks like we're going to have a great turnout. A three game tournament is a great way to immerse yourself in the game and get a crash course in the rules, and we're all a very friendly bunch. We can help you out by loaning you Shaltari models to flesh out a 1,500 point list, if you're so inclined -- just ask!

Welcome! :D

You may know me by sight, but not by name. I hung around Empire Games a lot (till it went under), and didn't play a lot of games because of my slow pace at painting, and not always being able to have it around to paint.

I probably won't be making any Sunday events due to that being family and church day. I will probably be stopping by GU on Friday, as that is a good place to hang out while waiting for Uber alerts (gotta make money somehow).

Robert Hoeffer was able to hook me up with the local Facebook site, so I have seen the Andrews posting about their Shaltari ships.

J.D. Welch wrote:(Also, if you put the work "Megavolt" in your signature in quotation marks, like I just did, it should show up as a quote box, which I assume was your intention... ;) )

Thank you for the tip. Getting used to a forum system is always interesting.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

Megavolt wrote:They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostThu Jan 05, 2017 9:08 am

I'm generally not available on Sundays, either, so the 22nd is a rare exception, but we have several guys who work Saturdays, so I'm going to have to notify my wife at some point about this one. :shock: :o

We usually do tournaments on Saturdays, so hopefully next time!

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostThu Jan 05, 2017 11:09 am

Welcome! Sounds like youre in good hands for your future Hawk gaming.

Return to New Members