It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:46 am

Where did the background subforum go?

Introduce yourselves here!
  • Author

BobtheInquisitor

Where did the background subforum go?

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 3:14 am

I joined this board to post DFC pictures and talk DFC canon. And I'm all out of DFC pictures.

Last week, wasn't there a dedicated background subforum, with threads about the phase 2 revelations and the like? Why am I not seeing it now that I'm logged in?

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

Re: Where did the background subforum go?

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 4:09 am

Forum is changed around. If you look to the bottom you will see the Fan Art and Fan Writing sections that are the new split version of what you are looking for.

BobtheInquisitor

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 4:52 am

I didn't see the Phase 2 thread in Fan Writing. Is that where it is?

Also, it sounds like a forum for fan fiction and I am much more interested in a more analytical discussion of existing canon than fan fiction. Is it just a mishmash of all kinds of "fluff" threads without distinction? If so, I find that highly disappointing. The Dropzone universe has some great background, including an attention to setting presentation that 90% of the market lacks; it is one of Hawk Wargames' biggest strengths. There are all kinds of subforums for the "crunch", such as tactics, lists, faction topics, etc., so I really feel the loss of the single forum where people could discuss the plot hooks that keep us thinking about the game, story advancement that promotes the purchase of heroes, and the edges of the setting that allow for customers to really dig into the setting to personalize their forces (a sandbox approach that Games Workshop found quite lucrative) building a strong brand loyalty.

Was the issue a lack of site traffic?

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 6:34 am

No, just time to reorganize, and it's still in progress. It will take a few days for everything to get moved around, so keep coming back. You'll likely need to just poke around until you find what you're looking for.

In the meantime, you can PM Hawk Liam (you'll need to make a few random posts to get to 5 to be able to PM), and tell him what it is you like and what you'd like to see. You never know... Hawk listens!
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Hawk Liam

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 10:36 am

I am here, the Fan writing forum I thought would suffice for everything background related. However I would be keen to hear how you think that section could be improved.

Such as a Fan Writing section and a Background Discussion section?

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 2:28 pm

That sounds good. Keeps us from clutering the fan stuff with talks about the "real" background.

Hawk Liam

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 4:35 pm

I have created a new forum for background discussion. ie discussions just about official hawk books and stories etc.

BobtheInquisitor

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Hawk Liam wrote:I am here, the Fan writing forum I thought would suffice for everything background related. However I would be keen to hear how you think that section could be improved.

Such as a Fan Writing section and a Background Discussion section?

I would like that distinction to be made. There should be a separate place for me to talk about my Resistance Fleet led by captain Harlock Pike and his pirates of Badassdoom and to discuss the implications of the white sphere and possible motivations of the PHR based on actual canon. If you have a need to limit the number of subforum so, you could always make the canon background discussion and speculation into one all-encompassing sticky thread inside a subforum full of fan fiction.

Return to New Members