It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:30 am

Bellevue / Seattle, WA

Introduce yourselves here!
  • Author

JJ_Shepard

Bellevue / Seattle, WA

PostWed Feb 08, 2017 10:59 pm

Hello everyone, I'm JJ and I'm from Bellevue, WA. I've been a long time fan of Battletech and Alpha Strike but more recently I decided to give drop zone a try. I just picked up the two player starter set for Dropzone Commander over the holidays and, due to a mix up with an eBay purchase, a Shaltari starter as well. I'm running through a game tomorrow (for the very first time, w00h!) with some friends, but I wanted to ask if there are any players in the Greater Seattle area?
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.

Ljevid

Hawk Talon

Re: Bellevue / Seattle, WA

PostThu Feb 09, 2017 1:40 pm

Welcome...
Let us know about your first game & first impressions. :)
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man ON fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

fiddlerboy

PostFri Feb 10, 2017 8:33 am

Hello from the other side of the lake!

I'd love to get some DZC (I have around 1500 points of UCM plus a scourge starter) and/or DFC (once I assemble some of my Kickstarter pile) games in. I've been wanting to do some demos at Card Kingdom, Ballard (near home), but haven't gotten myself organized.

There's a Seattle area dropzone Facebook group, and quite a few players in Bremerton, I believe. Also look for the player list on one of the forums: there's a block of folks there from around WA.

Let's see if we can organize a game or two.

JJ_Shepard

PostSat Feb 11, 2017 7:34 am

fiddlerboy wrote:Hello from the other side of the lake!

I'd love to get some DZC (I have around 1500 points of UCM plus a scourge starter) and/or DFC (once I assemble some of my Kickstarter pile) games in. I've been wanting to do some demos at Card Kingdom, Ballard (near home), but haven't gotten myself organized.

There's a Seattle area dropzone Facebook group, and quite a few players in Bremerton, I believe. Also look for the player list on one of the forums: there's a block of folks there from around WA.

Let's see if we can organize a game or two.

I'd be up for a game! I just got some models assembled and just played through my first game with a friend of mine (I'm trying to get him hooked too, and so far he's digging the stat line on the PHR stuff), and so far I'm really enjoying the DZC. Right now all I got is a Shaltari starter and all the goodies from the two-player starter box. What would be the best way to get a hold of you once I get another game under my belt and paint up at least a few of these models?
I did join the Facebook group for the area, by the way. So far I've only had much luck talking with the guy who runs it. I think he's based out of Renton?

fiddlerboy

PostSat Feb 11, 2017 6:53 pm

PM me here should work for a start.

Most of my UCM isn't painted yet...

JJ_Shepard

PostMon Feb 13, 2017 6:58 am

fiddlerboy wrote:PM me here should work for a start.

Most of my UCM isn't painted yet...

Eh, I don't particularly care if other people don't have everything painted up, I just like to avoid fielding unpainted mini's myself if I can avoid it.
I'll PM you some details!

Return to New Members