It is currently Mon May 22, 2017 11:19 pm

Hello from Austin, TX

Introduce yourselves here!
  • Author

Birdie_Sparrow

Hello from Austin, TX

PostWed Mar 01, 2017 10:48 pm

Hi there

Long time analog gamer. Have been collecting and playing board games, miniatures, RPGs, card games, etc since 1978. I saw Dropzone Commander at GenCon a few years ago and have some armies for that. I am definitely a UCM and PHR player. I got involved with the Dropfleet KS and am in love with the game- spent WAY too much money on it per the wife :P

I am 53 and live in Austin, TX. Have two kids and two granddaughters. Been married 26 years. Originally from Newtown, CT where I lived all of my life barring 4 years in the US Army (infantry - 187th). I used to work for Sikorsky Aircraft where I worked my way up to project manager of all foreign Black Hawk technical publications. Left SAC 3 years ago for the dream job of working in the video game industry. I am now a senior manager with Wargaming.net.

Other hobbies are flying drones, collecting sci-fi props, and dealing with an over excited husky and the Bengal cat who hates him daily.

If you are in the Austin area I am always looking for people to play games with.

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

Re: Hello from Austin, TX

PostFri Mar 03, 2017 10:04 pm

Welcome!

Sounds like you have an interesting background!

Return to New Members