It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:46 pm

Two Commander List

Rise from the crumbled wastelands and ruined cities. Defend your ground
  • Author

Achiles625

Two Commander List

PostMon Apr 24, 2017 11:35 pm

Hey, I just got my Resistance command deck in and noticed the Usurper card in the feral deck which allows you to upgrade your second commander to the same level as your first commander in the event of his death. I hadn't built any of my lists with a second commander, but this card got me thinking that maybe I should. So I reconfigured one of my lists to include a second commander in order to take advantage of this card.

I keep the Hannibals in the list because I am trying to use everything that I have purchased up to this point and the Hannibals were included in the starter. I really wanted to take some troops mounted in battle buses, and I'm not sure if the breaching drill is reliable enough. Those are my two main concerns about the list. What do you guys and gals think? Is it worth it taking a second commander?

CompletionC
Clash: 1494/1500 points
Standard Army
Resistance Standard [1494/1500 pts]
Warlord's HQ [565 pts]
Alexander: M3 Alexander(General), AT-77 Lifthawk(+AA Cannon) [335 pts]
Alexander: M3 Alexander(Senior), AT-77 Lifthawk(+AA Cannon) [230 pts]
Vehicle Detachment [193 pts]
Gun Wagons: 3x Gun Wagon, NT-1 Kraken [113 pts]
Barrel Bomber: Barrel Bomber(+AA Cannon) [80 pts]
Resistance Band [274 pts]
Fighters: 2x Resistance Fighters, AT-77 Lifthawk(+AA Cannon), 3x MT-90 Jackson(+Spider Launcher) [178 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Fighters: 2x Resistance Fighters [48 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Fighters: 2x Resistance Fighters [48 pts]
Rusted Fist [150 pts]
Hannibals: 2x M9 Hannibal, AT-77 Lifthawk(+AA Cannon) [150 pts]
Infiltrators [312 pts]
Gun Technicals: 6x Gun Technical, NT-1 Kraken [98 pts]
Berserkers: 2x Berserkers, Skulltaker [152 pts]
^ Sharing ^ Berserkers: 2x Berserkers [62 pts]
Last edited by Achiles625 on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mike Mee

Re: Two Commander List

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 10:41 am

At first glance, change the x4 free riders into two squads. Just so blast weapons can't nuke your entire squad ;-)

I've always wanted to do x2 Alexanders, but always put off by just how cool the Thunderstorm is!

Achiles625

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 11:14 pm

Mike Mee wrote:At first glance, change the x4 free riders into two squads. Just so blast weapons can't nuke your entire squad ;-)

I've always wanted to do x2 Alexanders, but always put off by just how cool the Thunderstorm is!

I love the Thunderstorm too. my dream list is a Leviathan carrying 12 rocket and 12 gun technicals, a Thunderstorm with warlord's retinue, and two Krakens with battle buses packed full of fighters, veterans and berserkers! :-D

Anyway, back to the list that I am building right now. So you think two commanders in Alexanders is worth it? Also, what do you think of replacing the sappers with attack ATVs?

Achiles625

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 1:53 am

Reconfigured the list because I didn't know how the Skulltakers actually work.

Mike Mee

PostWed Jun 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Achiles625 wrote:
Mike Mee wrote:At first glance, change the x4 free riders into two squads. Just so blast weapons can't nuke your entire squad ;-)

I love the Thunderstorm too. my dream list is a Leviathan carrying 12 rocket and 12 gun technicals, a Thunderstorm with warlord's retinue, and two Krakens with battle buses packed full of fighters, veterans and berserkers! :-D

Anyway, back to the list that I am building right now. So you think two commanders in Alexanders is worth it? Also, what do you think of replacing the sappers with attack ATVs?

Tbh, as much as I love the model, I just don't think they do enough on the table to take two of them. I'ld love to run a tourney with two, maybe I'll need to play test it as they do pack some decent fire power.......

But THUNDERSTORMS!!!!!!

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostThu Jun 08, 2017 5:46 am

Yeah, two Alexanders, no bueno. They're way too slow, the side guns kinda suck, and they die too easily.

"But, dude! They've got so many DPs!"
"No, bro, they die like hookers. Trust me!"
"Which part?..." :?

:lol:
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Return to Resistance - Army Lists and Tactics