It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:51 am

1250 Bombardment Heavy List

Help your brothers take back the Cradle Worlds!
  • Author

Blipvert

1250 Bombardment Heavy List

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 3:26 am

Comments welcome

--------------------------------------
Four - 1249pts
UCM - 9 launch assets

SR16 Flag battlegroup (252pts)
1 x Tokyo - 220pts - S
   + UCM Admiral (100pts, 5AV)
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L

SR15 Vanguard battlegroup (337pts)
1 x Atlantis - 205pts - H
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M

SR7 Line battlegroup (143pts)
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L
1 x Madrid - 79pts - M

1 x Madrid - 79pts - M

SR7 Line battlegroup (202pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
2 x Toulon - 70pts - L

SR6 Pathfinder battlegroup (132pts)
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------

Lorn

Hawk Talon

Re: 1250 Bombardment Heavy List

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 7:20 am

You have a lot of bombardment for 1250P and thus little drop capacity. Have you tried this list before or is this brainstorming?

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

swampsheep

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 11:35 am

It is an interesting thought experiment.

I think you will have a couple of challenges. The most obvious one is space stations. A space-station heavy scenario is going to be very hard to handle properly. Your drop is not suited to space stations (no troopships) and you do not have sufficient damage dealing to be able to take them out and fight the ship-to-ship battle in orbit.

The other challenge is to be able to fight the ship-to-ship battle. The madrid is a cool ship, but not very good at fighting other ships. The Santiagos seems like a waste in this regard. Opposing drop ships are irrelevant because you decide which sectors are actually going to end up being worth points.

I think a bombardment fleet has its merits, but I would do it slightly different. I think the overall strategy should be to win by:
- Picking one or worst case two space stations / sectors which will survive. The rest should be annihilated.
- Choose only a few drop assets and bring them in late - keep the opponent guessing which sectors / space stations you would allow to live.
- Have air superiority and base your victory on kill points and denying your opponent points for sectors / space stations.

When looking at the fleet you have made I would;
- Replace two new orleans with a san francisco and keep them in one battle group.
- Remove the santiagos.
- Potentially reduce dependency on bombers.
- Add much more ship-to-ship killing power. The toulons are great, so would more berlins, rios, new cairos etc. be. You go light on drop to be able to go more heavy on ship-to-ship combat and bombardment.
http://linkedbroadsides.com - My blog with analysis, tactics and thoughts about dropfleet. Updates Mondays and Thursdays.

Blipvert

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 2:03 pm

Mostly this list is theory crafting. I'm not worried about space stations as there are none. There are maybe three players locally so until I actually build one, they aren't an issue.

Anti ship is a worry though. Essentially what I want to do is deny one cluster to my opponent by either destroying it outright or preventing his troopships from dropping into them, leaving me to score points on two other clusters.

I don't like the San Francisco's as they just die quickly and usually get 0 or 1 drop before becoming destroyed. The New Orleans are more survivable and faster so I can usually get 1 and occasionally 2 drops.

I'm a bit undecided on the Santiagos. I've popped a couple of dropships and finished off some crippled cruisers but not sure how to really use them.

Shikatanai

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 5:28 pm

Blipvert wrote:Mostly this list is theory crafting. I'm not worried about space stations as there are none. There are maybe three players locally so until I actually build one, they aren't an issue.

Anti ship is a worry though. Essentially what I want to do is deny one cluster to my opponent by either destroying it outright or preventing his troopships from dropping into them, leaving me to score points on two other clusters.

I don't like the San Francisco's as they just die quickly and usually get 0 or 1 drop before becoming destroyed. The New Orleans are more survivable and faster so I can usually get 1 and occasionally 2 drops.

I'm a bit undecided on the Santiagos. I've popped a couple of dropships and finished off some crippled cruisers but not sure how to really use them.

I think that's just too predictable - to reliably deny a cluster you'll have to commit your Madrids/Tokyo relatively early which gives your opponent enough time to react with his troop carriers - you can't commit any troops to that certain cluster as you would spread too thin while your opponent can just send a single strikecarrier.
I also would argue that you won't be able to scoure to clusters with 4 strikecarriers in total against a decent list.

Also overall I think cluster denial with Bombardment is worse compared to fielding more strikecraft yourself - denial of VP is good, having the option to scoure yourself is better.

Blipvert

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 2:33 am

I refined the list a bit. I dropped the Santiagos and replaced them with a pair of Toulons and shifted a Seattle and then added a third Toulon to another battle group and then added a Jakarta to the Avalon.

Four - 1244pts
UCM - 6 launch assets

1 x Tokyo - 220pts - S
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L

SR11 Vanguard battlegroup (227pts)
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L
1 x Avalon - 195pts - H

1 x Madrid - 79pts - M

1 x Madrid - 79pts - M

SR8 Line battlegroup (237pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
3 x Toulon - 105pts - L

SR7 Pathfinder battlegroup (202pts)
2 x Toulon - 70pts - L
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M

ghostgundam1

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 3:48 am

Don't know if you need both Madrids with taking a Tokyo. I might remove one and add some more New Orleans strike carriers just incase you need the extra dropping capability.

nimgul

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 8:37 am

hi

I like the idea of an bombardment list. My one looks more like this:
UCM Bombard - 1245pts
UCM - 3 launch assets

1 x Tokyo - 220pts - S
1 x New Orleans - 32pts - L

SR11 Vanguard battlegroup (227pts)
1 x Avalon - 195pts - H
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L

SR7 Line battlegroup (175pts)
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M

SR10 Line battlegroup (158pts)
2 x Madrid - 158pts - M

SR8 Pathfinder battlegroup (237pts)
3 x Toulon - 105pts - L
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (156pts)
4 x Taipei - 156pts - L

My idea is, that the the San Francisco and the two New Orleanse the two nearest clusters. The third New Orleanse also drops or pings for the laser of the Tokyo or Avalon. The Tokyo runs for the nearest cluster I don´t like and WP´s a bit. Tha Avalon stays in the back at the beginning, later fishing the aggro that Tokyo/San Francisco can do their job for another round. The two Madrids should take out cluster number four as quick as possible protected by 3 Toulon, a seattle and a squat of 4 Taipei´s. If the there is a fifth cluster, let´s hope that the Madrid´s survive long enough to give a few shots at it.
Not sure about Avalon and Seattle....

herod1204

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 5:54 pm

So I've been running this, which is quite fun:

UCM 4 - 1250pts
UCM - 0 launch assets

SR15 Flag battlegroup (220pts)
1 x Tokyo - 220pts - S
   + UCM Vice-Admiral (80pts, 4AV)

SR15 Line battlegroup (264pts)
3 x New Cairo - 264pts - M

SR9 Line battlegroup (207pts)
1 x Madrid - 79pts - M

SR15 Line battlegroup (315pts)
2 x Rio - 210pts - M
1 x Rio - 105pts - M

SR3 Pathfinder battlegroup (96pts)
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (128pts)
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L
1 x New Orleans - 32pts - L

It's got a lot of firepower, as well as a lot of denial capability. I have a variant somewhere that includes a troop ship, and could probably get one by dropping a New Cairo and a New Orleans without shaking up too much or drop two rios, add a Moscow, and then have some spare points for other stuff again. The bombardment output from that it just right though, you can completely deny a flank with the threat of the Madrid and a single strike carrier, and the Tokyo does best sitting between two sectors if possible and going weapons free. There are probably issues better qualified commanders than myself can point out, but it's a lot of targets for your opponent to handle.

The Jakarta are with the New Orleans so they can freely roam the battlefield to provide AA whereever is needed, and not be tied to specific groups. Also allows them to slope off and active scan if there is no air threat.

Blipvert

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 10:54 pm

I did a variation on the list. This one drops the Madrid’s and replaces them with San Francisco’s.

Five - 1243pts
UCM - 0 launch assets

SR16 Flag battlegroup (284pts)
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L
1 x Beijing - 252pts - S

SR11 Vanguard battlegroup (195pts)
1 x Moscow - 163pts - H
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L

SR10 Line battlegroup (241pts)
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L

SR10 Line battlegroup (241pts)
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L

SR12 Pathfinder battlegroup (242pts)
2 x Osaka - 172pts - M
2 x Toulon - 70pts - L

Another variation replaces one or both San Francisco’s with Berlin’s for more anti-ship at the loss of bulk landing capacity.
Next

Return to UCM - Fleet Lists and Tactics