It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:51 am

Soooo, the Centurion

Help your brothers take back the Cradle Worlds!
  • Author

alchahest

Re: Soooo, the Centurion

PostMon Mar 12, 2018 7:40 pm

it's way too expensive now for me to field as is, for me in my meta anyways. I can't use weapons free with anything I actually want to use because of that stupid auto cripple gun PHR has on it's battleship. The fact that I need to weapons free to get the benefit of it's main gun, and that any cripple will break this thing's armor, AND it's 160 points for a hilariously vulnerable heavy cruiser makes it a non starter for me. way too far in the other direction. they should have kept the original stats and increased the points to 160.

GISteve

PostTue Mar 13, 2018 12:47 pm

The PHR (and Shaltari?) weapons that have cripple 'only' roll on the cripple tables - they don't 'CRIPPLE' the ship - only going below 50% HP does that.

alchahest

PostWed Mar 14, 2018 4:35 am

well that alleviates it a bit, but it's still weird to get two big nerfs and THEN a point increase, when it really only needed the point increase.

Gauntlet

PostWed Mar 14, 2018 2:08 pm

Or keep the nerfs and not be so expensive.

alchahest

PostWed Mar 14, 2018 4:58 pm

or, like - make the main cannon 2+/ 1A / 2D, but with fusilade 2. Make the weapons free a big freaking deal.

And, for the love of space ships, if the PHR version gets 8" scan, and better lock value for it's CAW, give the UCM version something to compensate, (up to)three extra shots that are shorter range and a worse hit chance are not nearly a good trade. if they're going to be the same value, and the UCM version has to have a lower scan, give the UCM version D6+3 CAW and 6 PD or something.

maybe it's because I play against PHR so much but it is intense how much harder that that 3+ lock hits than the 4+ lock in CAW. Normally it's fine because UCM ships will have better PD and/or lower point costs, but that's not the case here.

Intruder313

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 11:21 pm

alchahest wrote:or, like - make the main cannon 2+/ 1A / 2D, but with fusilade 2. Make the weapons free a big freaking deal.

And, for the love of space ships, if the PHR version gets 8" scan, and better lock value for it's CAW, give the UCM version something to compensate, (up to)three extra shots that are shorter range and a worse hit chance are not nearly a good trade. if they're going to be the same value, and the UCM version has to have a lower scan, give the UCM version D6+3 CAW and 6 PD or something.

maybe it's because I play against PHR so much but it is intense how much harder that that 3+ lock hits than the 4+ lock in CAW. Normally it's fine because UCM ships will have better PD and/or lower point costs, but that's not the case here.

The CAW are equal as the UCM version has more CAW Attacks.
My suggestion to balance the Scan was to give the UCM version and extra point of PD but that may not be enough...
Maybe the UCM version should simpy cost less.
Previous

Return to UCM - Fleet Lists and Tactics