It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:41 pm

1250 Swiss Army Bazooka - Critique my Noobness!

Help your brothers take back the Cradle Worlds!
  • Author

Mediocrates

1250 Swiss Army Bazooka - Critique my Noobness!

PostThu Mar 01, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi all - I'm new to this board and to the game - so new, in fact, that I haven't played yet! I'm working on rectifying that, but in order to play, I need a fleet, so i would love some help working out what I should buy.

While I have no practical experience to draw upon, I've been over the rules a few times, and have been lurking on this board for a while soaking up the ambient tactical acumen. I THINK I have put together a pretty solid all-comers list.

My watchword when building this out was VERSATILITY - hence the Swiss Army reference. My concern is that it won't be especially good at anything, though. My other main concern was signature control, and I tried to build out groups that can maintain their effectiveness without lighting themselves up. One specific aspect I'm not crazy about is putting the Seattles in the same battlegroup, but at 1250, there's nowhere else to put them without hampering the flexibility of the Madrid or San Fran groups.

N.B: I went with the pricey Admiral because dropping down a grade only gets me 22 points - not really enough to do anything with.

So with further ado - please tear my list apart! Thanks!

--------------------------------------
UCM 1250 - Swiss Army Bazooka - 1248pts
UCM - 6 launch assets

SR12 Vanguard battlegroup (269pts)
1 x Perth - 195pts - H
   + UCM Vice-Admiral (40pts, 4AV)
2 x Lima - 74pts - L

SR7 Line battlegroup (143pts)
1 x Madrid - 79pts - M
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L

SR10 Line battlegroup (264pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M

SR11 Line battlegroup (208pts)
2 x New Cairo - 176pts - M
1 x New Orleans - 32pts - L

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (149pts)
1 x Jakarta - 32pts - L
3 x Taipei - 117pts - L

SR7 Pathfinder battlegroup (175pts)
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------
Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
- Frederick II of Prussia (Ostensibly)

ReconquestOlympus

Re: 1250 Swiss Army Bazooka - Critique my Noobness!

PostSat Mar 03, 2018 6:17 pm

It's a little light on drop for me; but not massively.

Too be honest I quite like the 2 Seattles in the same group as you can activate them early and get rid of all your launch spikes.

Brutoni

Re: 1250 Swiss Army Bazooka - Critique my Noobness!

PostFri Mar 09, 2018 11:40 pm

I like it. I also like that it is "a little drop light". Way to many lists spam shit loads of drop, lose all their ships, drop troops and somehow still win. Apparently holding ground without the orbital assets to keep it secure is more important. It's an aspect of the game that needs a little tweaking to ensure that the criticality of orbital supremacy is captured better.

Besides that I like the list. Not sure if you 100% need 2 Limas with the Perth. Personally I'd ditch a lima from that group and use the points to juggle a 4th Taipei... but then I love Taipei's. Excellent little ships IMHO.

I like the inclusion of the Madrid. Nice to see a little bombardment being present so more power to you.

Return to UCM - Fleet Lists and Tactics