It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:45 am

Shaltari BTL destroyer

With diplomacy and alien technology, annihilate everyone!
  • Author

Drcox

Shaltari BTL destroyer

PostFri Mar 30, 2018 6:47 am

So what are people’s thoughts on a BTL for Shaltari?

Personally I liked not having one to be different, and in all my games only UCM lasers have been scary (neither scourge or PHR ever impressed me)

So how should one work for us? I imagine good accuracy, lowdice? High damage cap? Any other thoughts?

Lordprinceps

Re: Shaltari BTL destroyer

PostFri Mar 30, 2018 7:07 am

Under the assumption that it's the tri-weapon destroyer with the BTL, I'd imagine it being high accuracy, high attack, but low damage cap kind of stuff. That's generally how Shaltari work; they're very likely to hit and do damage, but they lack the maximum damage or variability (for good and ill) of other factions.

Something like 3+ or 2+ lock, 3 attack, 1 damage, BTL(4), Flash
I would say it might be a mauler weapon, but that feels more Scourge than anything. If the Shaltari beams do have flash, it'll be scary to see them lighting everyone up on top of their already ridiculous scan range.

Dheran

PostFri Mar 30, 2018 8:22 am

It will be a distortion death ray, mwahahaha :twisted:

5+ lock, 0 attack, X damage, BTL (4), Fusillade 2, Particle :twisted:

Eddieddi

PostSun Apr 01, 2018 7:51 am

I'd love to see them use the special rules, I can't remember the names but 1 is Damage number = number of hits, And the other is the lock is the enemy armor.
Actually, that feels very Shaltari, a 'burnthrough' weapon that is 1 attack lock= enemy armor save, damage 1, burnthrough 4-6 (not sure where to sit it). But since the shaltari weapons are very 'energy conserving' it won't have flash (no energy wasted on lighting up the enemy) to stop it synergizing too well with their immense scan.
Another idea I like is giving the shaltari burnthrough weapon impell. Make it lock 2, attack 1, damage 1, burnthrough 4, impel 2. Make it useable and give it a tactical role beyond 'blow shit up faster'

Return to Shaltari - Fleet Lists and Tactics