It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:02 pm

Shaltari 1250

With diplomacy and alien technology, annihilate everyone!
  • Author

Drcox

Shaltari 1250

PostWed Nov 22, 2017 7:32 am

So i’ve Started work on a Shaltari fleet, and was trying to come up with a list to aim to complete first (so I can get a few games in( before finishing the rest of my models. Currently this is my initial list idea and would love some feedback (and yes a third emerald is obvious, but to learn a new fleet a feel you need more than just drop)

--------------------------------------
shaltari1 - 1248pts
Shaltari - 4 launch assets

SR16 Flag battlegroup (305pts)
1 x Diamond - 290pts - S
   + Starchief (80pts, 4AV)
1 x Voidgate - 15pts - L

SR10 Vanguard battlegroup (165pts)
1 x Jet - 165pts - H

SR9 Line battlegroup (160pts)
1 x Emerald - 100pts - M
3 x Voidgate - 45pts - L
1 x Voidgate - 15pts - L

SR9 Line battlegroup (160pts)
1 x Emerald - 100pts - M
3 x Voidgate - 45pts - L
1 x Voidgate - 15pts - L

SR9 Line battlegroup (217pts)
1 x Basalt - 145pts - M
4 x Glass - 72pts - L

SR8 Pathfinder battlegroup (221pts)
1 x Amber - 110pts - M
3 x Topaz - 111pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------

Cry of the Wind

Hawk Talon

Re: Shaltari 1250

PostWed Nov 22, 2017 5:55 pm

Looks like a fine balance of things if you are trying to learn the elements of the Shaltari. To make it more competive I'd focus on one aspect a little more than the others. The Jet stands out to me as something not fitting the long range theme of this list. Remove it and replace it with some more Voidgates and Topaz (putting the Topaz into a small low SR sniper BG) would be my first suggestion. Maybe replace it with another Basalt if you want some more launch.

Shaltari strengths are how amazing Voidgates are and how they can hit you from beyond your scan ranges even with spikes. Play those elements up and you can't go far wrong.

SwordOfJustice

Hawk Talon

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 6:23 am

After getting raped by a Scourge list with 11 strike carriers in 999 pts, I fear that a generalist list like this wouldn't be competitive against a similar hard core list at 1250 points.
We have evolved beyond mere flesh and bone. We are the Post Human Republic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBC9LIUpKeo

Shikatanai

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 7:43 am

SwordOfJustice wrote:After getting raped by a Scourge list with 11 strike carriers in 999 pts, I fear that a generalist list like this wouldn't be competitive against a similar hard core list at 1250 points.

Agree on this - it really depends on how maxed out you'll play...
I'd definetly recommend a third Mothership and some more gates.

Drcox

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 8:46 pm

The problem for me is that list like that would seriously bore me. I’ a fan of winning as much as the next person, but it’s a game of spaceships, just spamming strike carriers/bulk landers is going to mean I won’t enjoy the game so why waste my time?

Shikatanai

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 9:48 pm

Drcox wrote:The problem for me is that list like that would seriously bore me. I’ a fan of winning as much as the next person, but it’s a game of spaceships, just spamming strike carriers/bulk landers is going to mean I won’t enjoy the game so why waste my time?

Well that is of course fine if you feel like that - but then I'm curious what kind of feedback you expect ;)
If you bring up a list and ask for feedback people will tell you how they would optimize it and that's the first thing that comes to mind.

Drcox

PostThu Dec 07, 2017 10:12 pm

Shikatanai wrote:
Drcox wrote:The problem for me is that list like that would seriously bore me. I’ a fan of winning as much as the next person, but it’s a game of spaceships, just spamming strike carriers/bulk landers is going to mean I won’t enjoy the game so why waste my time?

Well that is of course fine if you feel like that - but then I'm curious what kind of feedback you expect ;)
If you bring up a list and ask for feedback people will tell you how they would optimize it and that's the first thing that comes to mind.

Hence if you read the intro in the first post I highlight the fact the aim of the list of to get a feel for the fleet - including highlighting the obvious benefit of a third emerald A again its written there for that reason.

If you only play with ‘the best options’ how can you understand the game and learn new bits. It makes a limited playing/learning/gaming experience - PHR could just be bellerephons and Orpheus, they’re efficient, but youvtry other bits to experiment and learn. Going in with an optimised list off the start means you don’t get a feel. As a ucm player are you lasers or mass drivers etc

Shikatanai

PostFri Dec 08, 2017 1:33 pm

Again I'm fine with that but how should feedback look like then? Better test Ship X instead of Ship Y? I still do not get what you want to achieve with that question...

If you want to get a feel for the faction,the list and the ships there is nothing you can discuss or argue about, just try out the ships / groups you like to test, play it and draw your own conclusions.

In addition, considering how the Scenarios in this game are designed right now it does not make much sense to test out something below a certain groundasset level as playing 5+ objectives with 6 / 7 launch is not really worthwhile.
If you build intentionally weaker lists you won't really get a feel for what works and what does not imho.

jjakaalbinoboy

PostThu Jan 18, 2018 1:40 pm

I like this list! Even without the third Emerald. Although I am biased and have seen you use it already!
JJ - DzC: UCM DfC: UCM

Gaming @ Redditch Wargaming Society - Redditch, Worcestershire, UK

Return to Shaltari - Fleet Lists and Tactics