It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Looking for people in Seattle

This is a place for clubs to post their contact information as well as requests for games
  • Author

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

Re: Looking for people in Seattle

PostSun Aug 23, 2015 9:36 am

Hey, Guys.

So I just did a little research, and the Mox Boarding House looks awesome as a venue, quite unique in that regard, as I'm sure Card Castle is, too. And it's right in the thick of Bellevue, I'm sure the roads and area will come back to me if I get the chance to go up there for any F2F interviews.

Are there any other less fancy places on the Eastside that would fit the description of just a regular gaming store, sans gourmet food and 20 beers on tap? (Don't get me wrong, that sounds great, and I'll definitely check it out.). Just wondering if the Mox Boarding House (MBH) has 4'x6' gaming tables for pickup games and pre-arranged games, and if there's a fee to use them? You know, just casual gaming and hanging out to talk hobby, etc. Also, does the MBH have any hobby space where you can bring in your latest project, plunk down at a table or paint bar and get yer hobby on?

Any ideas?

Are there any other stores on the Eastside that provide that kind of environment?

I'm not looking for stores that already carry or promote DzC per se, although that would be great; I'm more interested in the traditional game shop with a bunch of tables for playing games on at no cost, miniature games of all sorts on the walls, along with some hobby space, and they sell the supplies you need, like glue, paint, brushes, etc.

Ring any bells?

Thanks!
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

dagerg

PostSun Aug 23, 2015 9:04 pm

I'm a big fan of Heroic Knight Games in Issaquah. It's a bit south of Bellevue but pretty easy drive from there. It's a nice area and it doesn't have all the posh extras like Card Kingdom and Mox Boarding House. I actually prefer a place without all the extras, but I'm comfortable anywhere! With all the extras you sometimes have too much traffic and crowding around tables to have a nice fun relaxing game.

Heroic Knight:
http://www.heroicknightgames.com/

I would love to have regular games there (selfishly!) because it's close-ish to my house and easy for me to get to, but I'm also open to going other places as the community evolves! It's got a very friendly atmosphere and great clientelle that are mature but fun and plenty of gaming space. It also has dedicated hobby tables right next to the gaming tables which is nice. I'd say Heroic probably has 8 dedicated 4x6 gaming tables and it has 4 decent sized hobby tables. Plus the owner Paul is a great guy.

I've never been to Mox Boarding house but it does look nice. Its almost as far from my house as Heroic Knight Games, so going there would be potentially an option.

Card Kingdom is on the west side and in Seattle proper. I've been there a few times, never gamed there, but been there. They have a few gaming tables and a nice retail space and a pub in the corner. It definitely caters to the MTG crowd which is great. Gaming tables I'd say are at a little bit of a premium there as it is very popular and is less of a gaming establishment and more of a retail space, but it's certainly doable. As far as hobby space here, I don't recall seeing any dedicated hobby space, but I could be wrong. I've never tried to game there so this is really only my uninformed opinion having visited a half a dozen times on the way home from work to pick up some minis.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostMon Aug 24, 2015 2:15 am

Great, thanks!
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

dagerg

PostSat Aug 29, 2015 2:37 pm

Hey Seattle scene,

I have next Friday off (9/4/2015) and was wondering if anyone was down for a game. I need to get ready for LVO! :)

I can meet just about anywhere in the Seattle area - Card Kingdom, Mox Boarding House, or Heroic Knight games, and likely at any point during the day or evening. Let me know if anyone wants to get a game in!

I'm also posting this on our DzC Seattle page here:
https://www.facebook.com/dropzonecommanderseattlearea

fiddlerboy

PostWed Oct 14, 2015 6:23 am

Ok, I've finally arrived in town, and have a place to live. I'm in Ballard, pretty near Card Kingdom (just moved my stuff in today). Once I dig my DZC box out of whatever moving box its in, I'd love to play some games (also non-DZC games too).

dagerg

PostThu Oct 15, 2015 12:34 am

Awesome! Was that you that posted to the Facebook page?

Welcome to Seattle! Looking forward to building more community - welcome!

fiddlerboy

PostFri Oct 16, 2015 4:32 am

dagerg wrote:Awesome! Was that you that posted to the Facebook page?

Welcome to Seattle! Looking forward to building more community - welcome!

Yup, that was me on facebook. So, now you know who I really am! ;-)

I've found my DZC box. Who wants a game?

dagerg

PostSat Dec 19, 2015 10:04 pm

I know there are regular games played in Bremerton as well, at "The Game Wizard and Blue Sky Hobbies". I've played there once myself and it's a really nice store. There are some members here and on the Facebook page that frequent there. A message on the FB page I'm sure will be responded to if that venue works for you.

https://www.facebook.com/dropzonecommanderseattlearea/

JD - are you in the area now?

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostSun Dec 20, 2015 7:42 am

Nope, those job opportunities up there didn't pan out. Looks like I'm staying in Phoenix, at least for now, which I'm happy about. No new job yet, but several "maybes"... :?

Nightwolf

PostThu Dec 24, 2015 9:43 pm

As an update we now have seven regular DZC players in Bremerton at Blue Sky. Two PHR, two Scourge, one UCM, one Resistance, and one up-coming Shaltari. I need to nudge them into joining the Seattle DZC facebook page.

I am also able to drive to other stores in the area. Including places as far north as Card Kingdom.
PreviousNext

Return to Clubs