Hunter Squad: 3x Hunter, Marauder [146 pts]
Hunter Squad: 3x Hunter, Marauder [146 pts]
Warriors [94 pts]
Warrior Horde: 2x Warriors, Intruder Alpha [94 pts]
Occupation Patrol [298 pts]
Prowlers: 8x Prowler, 2x Intruder Beta [120 pts]
Reaper Squad: 3x Reaper, Marauder(+2 Vampires) [178 pts]

[/list]
I made this list with shaltari in mind, as i have never played against them before and don't really know what i am doing, would this work? what do i need to change? lastly, how do I play against shaltari? Thanks :D
I am a young prowler with much to learn...

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

Re: Help against shaltari

PostMon Jul 11, 2016 4:16 am

Sorry for the late reply.

Split the Minders and Prowlers up into 2 squads of 4 each. Don't bunch them up into one big blob, give yourself options.

Not enough Infantry, really. I don't like to play at 1,000 points, prefer 1,500 and higher. It's worth getting the extra models to make some 1,500 point lists, you get so much more out of the game. So, point being, not sure how you'd work in more Infantry at this points level, but you should have 2 squads at least.

Not a fan of the Despoiler. Cool looking model, but the Oppressor is soooo much better. With an Oppressor you could probably drop one squad of Hunters and one squad of Prowlers and try to work in a squad of either Destroyers or Eviscerators, either one in an Intruder beta. Oppressor needs a Harbinger -- try to upgrade it with the arc caster for more AA, Harbingers are tough to bring down, and once it's gotten your commander further forward (drop him behind a building and pick your fights), the Harbinger can go hunting gates. Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

With Shaltari you want to shoot down their gates, so keep your two squads of Minders and your Reapers. Shoot the gates, and you've cut off his mobility, which is Shaltari's main strength. That and their damned Passive Saves, so try not to get frustrated when your awesome E11 shots bounce off what you're hitting. Get your skimmers skimming ASAP, drop them behind cover, then their Marauders can go and spooge their plasma hoses onto ground units. It's extra AT at no additional cost, and if they take 2 DPs worth of damage and you've got a Core Overload card in your hand, BOOM!, medium template of much pain.

Hope that helps!
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Mr.prowler

PostTue Jul 19, 2016 5:38 pm

Thanks!
I am a young prowler with much to learn...

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostWed Jul 20, 2016 12:47 am

Sorry, I meant Desolator, not Despoiler. I always get those two mixed up!

Desolator = Command Unit
Despoiler = "CD Rack" Large Dropship

Right?
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Return to General Tactics and Army Building Ideas