It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:26 am

How many battlegroups?

Discuss tactics and general army concepts not specific to a faction
  • Author

evilmonkey.austen

How many battlegroups?

PostMon Aug 08, 2016 7:47 am

Hi

I'm getting back into dzc,and I played my first few games last week,even though I've played before,I haven't played in a few years,so got a really newbig question.

Is there a set amount of battlegroups to a points limit?

Point in case,I'm trying to make a Feral list to use on Wednesday,I've got 5,of what I think are strong battlegroups,but can't help feel I need to take 6.

Cheers
3 panthers :o :shock:

Does he not like having friends?? 8-)

Akdakkar

Hawk Talon

Re: How many battlegroups?

PostMon Aug 08, 2016 8:00 am

It's better try to go for the six Bg, more Bg are more activations and that is always better.

evilmonkey.austen

PostMon Aug 08, 2016 8:12 am

Even if it means watering down the stronger BGS?
3 panthers :o :shock:

Does he not like having friends?? 8-)

Sebageddon

Hawk Talon

PostMon Aug 08, 2016 8:18 am

Yeah you want to try for the 6 otherwise it will be much easier for your opponent to out manouvre you which will limit the relative strength of each battlegroup. If you've got a lot of krakens in your list then it'll be even harder to bring the enemy to bear as its easier to predict where you are going.
The mighty median :-) (25th out of 50)

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostMon Aug 08, 2016 9:04 am

Depends on what sized game you're going to be playing. In Skirmish the max is 5 BGs, 6 in Clash and 7 in Battle. You always want to try to have the max number of battlegroups in your list to give you the best flexibility for your activations. Often having a "thin" BG for a "dead" activation can make your opponent move something you want him to so you can line up a better shot next with a BG you haven't activated yet. The idea is not to max out all your battlegroups, but to be sure to have as many activations as possible, otherwise you'll be giving your opponent multiple "free" activations at the end of each turn where you can't respond to them...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

Return to General Tactics and Army Building Ideas