It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Scourge breeding hives

Discuss all things related to the Dropzone Commander and Dropfleet Commander background
  • Author

Drcox

Scourge breeding hives

PostSat Nov 26, 2016 5:00 am

I was rereading phase 2, and wondered if these are a ucm objective? It's a huge undertaking the reconquest so vat born troops would really help the numbers game - there may be some ethical considerations but with the colonies under attack everyone is needed to fight, even those who may not be truly human...

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

Re: Scourge breeding hives

PostMon Nov 28, 2016 12:25 am

Ew... :?
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

http://www.theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com

jimmcbratney

PostMon Nov 28, 2016 6:40 pm

So, welcome to the Dropfleet/Dropzone Clone Wars. ;)

Bartender

PostTue Nov 29, 2016 5:18 am

I never thought of that, but I think its a brilliant question.
Its a moral delemma for the UCM even if they were not specifically targeting the breeding hives. What will they do with the humans currently breading there, which have not yet been taken by a Scourge symbiont? Will they kill them or liberate them? Will they treat them as humans or as something less than human? Will they force them to fight or work for them?
Cheers

Bartender

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostTue Nov 29, 2016 6:03 am

Well, the Resistance Famous Commander Rakkon Krell escaped from a breeding pit, and he's been accepted by his own people as being "human", so it seems there's a precedence for that, at least as far as the Resistance goes -- and the UCM works with Krell, so, it seems that they've extended the same courtesy to those that have been bred in, and escaped from, the breeding hives...
I love my job (well, I love having a job), but a bad day of gaming beats a good day of work every time!

abakus

PostTue Nov 29, 2016 9:53 pm

Is there something in Phase 2 that would make people liberated from breeding hives not be treated like holocaust survivors? My impression was that the Scourge weren't able to clone humans efficiently, so people in the hives were either captured members of the Resistance populations or were part of [blech] breeding populations.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostWed Nov 30, 2016 6:43 am

"Breeding hive" is probably a misnomer -- more like "Spawning Vats". Ew...

Nobody

PostWed Nov 30, 2016 6:10 pm

J.D. Welch wrote:"Breeding hive" is probably a misnomer -- more like "Spawning Vats". Ew...

Not necessarily, it may be where Scourge go to breed and they can ensure a large stock of hosts for the resulting offspring.

J.D. Welch

Hawk Talon

PostFri Dec 02, 2016 6:04 am

Nobody wrote:
J.D. Welch wrote:"Breeding hive" is probably a misnomer -- more like "Spawning Vats". Ew...

Not necessarily, it may be where Scourge go to breed and they can ensure a large stock of hosts for the resulting offspring.

I don't think hosts can breed in the pure human sense, I think they lose that ability like they stop aging when "infected" with a pure Scourge... Need to double check on that, but that's why I assumed the "breeding hives" were more experiments in trying to "grow" human host bodies, as in a Petri dish experiment kind of thing. That's what I've always imagined, at least... So, in that regard... Ew... :-P

Nobody

PostFri Dec 02, 2016 6:30 pm

J.D. Welch wrote:
Nobody wrote:

I don't think hosts can breed in the pure human sense, I think they lose that ability like they stop aging when "infected" with a pure Scourge... Need to double check on that, but that's why I assumed the "breeding hives" were more experiments in trying to "grow" human host bodies, as in a Petri dish experiment kind of thing. That's what I've always imagined, at least... So, in that regard... Ew... :-P

Sorry, I meant the Scourge themselves breeding, not the hosts.
Next

Return to Background Discussion