It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:51 pm

New things to come?

Tell the world your Dropfleet related trials and tribulations!
  • Author

Overread

New things to come?

PostThu Feb 01, 2018 5:55 pm

So I'm aware that the KS caused a bit of a pause with Dropfleets releases as of late; but glancing through a couple of the earlier threads there's rumours of destroyers and dreadnoughts being mentioned for the various factions; as well as some hint of another faction joining into the game as well (which I take to be not the resistance as they are somewhat earthbound so a 5th alien race?)

Was wondering if any renders had been sneaked out through other resources or if there were any more details of what was to come. Granted its probably a way off yet, but it never hurts to know.

Nobody

Re: New things to come?

PostFri Feb 02, 2018 12:48 am

Overread wrote:So I'm aware that the KS caused a bit of a pause with Dropfleets releases as of late; but glancing through a couple of the earlier threads there's rumours of destroyers and dreadnoughts being mentioned for the various factions; as well as some hint of another faction joining into the game as well (which I take to be not the resistance as they are somewhat earthbound so a 5th alien race?)

Was wondering if any renders had been sneaked out through other resources or if there were any more details of what was to come. Granted its probably a way off yet, but it never hurts to know.

So far the only render seen is the destroyer (currently on the front page of the Hawk site).

They've been pretty cagey on info, we were told that Dreadnoughts will be larger than Battleships (bulkier)

Destroyers will have roughly 3 variants, will fit between Light Cruisers and Frigates in size (6 hull was quoted at one point), and will generally be heavily armed but usually have to go Weapons Free to get the most benefit.

There's also Monitors, ships that aren't jump capable (designated defense ships) but are heavily armed and armored for their size. The only real hint we've seen is in the Centurion write up which indicates that they are as heavily armored as one.

juz

PostFri Feb 02, 2018 1:30 am

just add whilst resistance is planet bound,Fluff mentions "Remnant Fleets" so kinda similar in flavour, old tech being rescued etc plus a Kabal independent human world, basically North Korea in Space (fielding similar but riskier/selfdestructive tech). These seem more likely as an initial 5th Fleets rather than a whole new Alien fleet (most front and centre fluff is the original scourge hosts , a lizardman type creature but tech wise we have no info and they would have been butt kicked by the Awesomeness of the Hive-mind and unlikely to show up (guess my current preference in DFC)

Gauntlet

PostFri Feb 02, 2018 1:32 am

There is now content speaking of a Scrap Fleet of Vega and of a frontier colony that split off from the UCM.

Both may allow for a Prefall/Resistance/Remnant faction or fleet.

So the 5th fleet may not be alien... Yet lol

_ghost_

PostFri Feb 02, 2018 9:47 am

For the Fluff just go to the ttcombat Shop and select the Centurion. (Pte order) there u get the link for the experimental rules. They come with a nicely written piece of fluff

Intruder313

PostFri Feb 02, 2018 9:42 pm

To summarise how the classifications of ships, current and new, will likely be ranked by Mass/Power:

Dreadnought
Battleship
Battlecruiser
Heavy Cruiser
Remnant Cruiser (the Centurion is in a tier of it's own!)
Cruiser
Light Cruiser
Destroyer
Frigate
Monitor (likely placement, RL Monitors were river ships with a massively upscaled gun for their size!)
Corvette

Lordprinceps

PostSat Feb 03, 2018 2:02 am

I wouldn't put the Centurion below heavy cruisers, honestly. It's definitely a solid above-average heavy cruiser in every way.

Intruder313

PostSat Feb 03, 2018 3:06 am

Lordprinceps wrote:I wouldn't put the Centurion below heavy cruisers, honestly. It's definitely a solid above-average heavy cruiser in every way.

This is really a list of classes by physical size / Hull scores.

I agree that the Centurion is as powerful as a Heavy Cruiser (in to me it's clearly OP for 125 points) but it is also defined as a 'Cruiser' in the experimental rules at this point.

From memory the Centurion's Hull score is right between that of PHR Cruisers and Heavy Cruisers too. Not checked for UCM.

Nobody

PostSat Feb 03, 2018 5:59 am

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it gains a hull or two, 25 pts, and gets reclassified as a heavy cruiser.

Lordprinceps

PostSat Feb 03, 2018 6:07 am

Nobody wrote:It wouldn't surprise me at all if it gains a hull or two, 25 pts, and gets reclassified as a heavy cruiser.

It's already at 12 hull, though. Making it even tougher than any battlecruiser, including the PHR's, and only cost 150 points would make it even more broken than it already is.
Next

Return to General Discussion