It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:24 pm

On CQB

Stuck on a rules interpretation, get it answered here!
  • Author

Zero

On CQB

PostFri May 25, 2018 1:19 pm

Not a true question, just willing to verify if I(we) understood it correctly., because we're a bit confusing about naming.
Squads arre the whole 2-3 bases of infantry, while unit is a single base of infantry. Correct?

So, CQB starts when the occupier battlegroup activates. Occupier have to assign squads (not bases) to aggressor squads, to fight them, right?
Then both players add up all dice then divide them among bases (so they make an AVERAGE of dice, actually).
Then dice re rolled and wounds removed from bases, starting from the already wounded one(s), if any.

Correct?

I hope that 2.0 rulebook will be written in a more clean and straightforward way. The whole manual looks unneccessarily comnplicated, but the CQB is a real pain to read. While I've found the game is actually smooth and straightforward to play. Reading the manual I had a opposite impression...

Lorn

Hawk Talon

Re: On CQB

PostFri May 25, 2018 1:58 pm

Squads arre the whole 2-3 bases of infantry, while unit is a single base of infantry. Correct?

Correct.

So, CQB starts when the occupier battlegroup activates.

At the End of the activation to be precise.

Occupier have to assign squads (not bases) to aggressor squads, to fight them, right?

Indeed as many squads as the aggressor has. If the Occupier has more they may choose not to assign those.

Then both players add up all dice then divide them among bases (so they make an AVERAGE of dice, actually).

To be precise you divide the dice evenly among all enemy units (bases), having a choice if there is an "odd" number of dice and then you roll for each Squad.

I hope that 2.0 rulebook will be written in a more clean and straightforward way. The whole manual looks unneccessarily comnplicated, but the CQB is a real pain to read.

It is a lot more complicated to read then to actually do, partially since the system can handle 4 party fights. There a lot of what seems to be "bagge" comes into play. If you want to look at the V2 rules why not look there:

https://ttcombat.com/pages/dropzone-commander-resources

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

German space magic for all and this time it is in Space!
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10506

Zero

PostFri May 25, 2018 2:59 pm

Thanks for the quick reply!
One more thing. If in a building theres a CQB among -say- two squads vs two squads, players have to add up all dice from across all squads, then re-distribute them to all the bases. correct? (i.e. the re-distribution is not on a per-squad basis, but across all bases partecipating the CQB, from all squads (on the same side). Correct?

Regarding 2.0 rules, since we're still learning the game, we decided to stick to the old ruleset as it is "stable". Learning a ruleset that can potentially change depending on players' feedback didn't seem a good idea. Plan is to move to 2.0 as soon as it will be stated as "final".

Lorn

Hawk Talon

PostFri May 25, 2018 3:49 pm

One more thing. If in a building theres a CQB among -say- two squads vs two squads, players have to add up all dice from across all squads, then re-distribute them to all the bases. correct? (i.e. the re-distribution is not on a per-squad basis, but across all bases partecipating the CQB, from all squads (on the same side). Correct?

correct.

Regarding 2.0 rules, since we're still learning the game, we decided to stick to the old ruleset as it is "stable". Learning a ruleset that can potentially change depending on players' feedback didn't seem a good idea. Plan is to move to 2.0 as soon as it will be stated as "final".

Just wanted to point in their direction if you did not knew. The base idea is to make CQB more accessible as the issue that reading them for the first time was confusing until one understood it was realised.

German space magic for PHR would you like to know more?
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7017

German space magic for all and this time it is in Space!
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10506

Zero

PostFri May 25, 2018 7:08 pm

Thanks again for fast reply. Thank you :)

Return to Rules Queries